• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unlimited hay required in the run?

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
I should probably already know this :oops: but... Rocky is an indoor bunny, but we have bought an outdoor run for him to go in during the day on sunny afternoons!

he is only in the run for a couple of hours at a time, and it's on grass, so does he still need hay there? I have put some in, but he doesn' touch it with the grass around. Should I keep doing it, or not need to bother?

No, if there's grass there for him to graze on, that's ideal! My lot have their litter trays in their runs as well and there's always a bit of hay in these for them anyway..but grass is perfect for them! Hay is necessary if there's no fresh grass available

Coolio :thumb: Thank you! saves me leaving a trail of hay out through the building :rolleyes:

I love letting him go out into the garden - he seems so inquisitive and scoffs his head off on all the lovely grass. It's so cute to see :love:

Back