• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WOOO!!! :] i'm happy.

fungrly10

Young Bun
Just for a review in case most people didn't see any of my previous posts....

So I'm rabbit-sitting for my friend Lauren. They have a lot of kids and the rabbits have been neglected big time. I got them all fixed up, cut their nails, cleaned one's booty, and made them happy and clean again.

Sid - is the older one ranging from 6-8 years old... they've had him for 5 years
Wiggles - younger one about 4 years old... they've had him for 3 years

Sid was the one who got cleaned up. He is long-haired. Wiggles is short haired.

My piano teacher, Joni, and I are extremely close and we got to talking... I told her EVERYTHING about the rabbits and it was a long, loooong story. Then she said she'd take one! I told her she would be better off with Wiggles because he doesn't need as much TLC since he's younger (but he still needs proper caring for and everything). She has two kids (ages around 8 and 12) and her kids are so nice so I figured that'd be fine. They don't have any other animals and they've had a rabbit before..

Just to make sure everyone knows (so its not like im giving away these peoples pets!) **THEY HAVE OFFERED EVERYONE THESE RABBITS 1000 TIMES AND THEY WANT THEM GONE!**

So they were cool with the deal. :]

Now, my mom and dad didn't even want the rabbits... but to find out that Joni is taking one (since it's OK with the owners), WE'RE NOW LOOKING AT HUTS AND THINKING OF BUILDING ONE SO I CAN HAVE SID!!!

I understand he's old, and it will kill me to see him pass if he does, but he needs a good home, and I really want to give that to him.

Our yard is fenced in and we do have like 1,000,000 birdies that we feed every morning (wild ones)... but we do have two dogs. They're actually wiener doggies, and the rabbit's hut WILL BE OFF THE GROUND so they won't be able to reach him anyways.

I bought a book on them and everything and I try to feed them at the same time everyday (even though I have to walk a block to get to them :p) but I'm really excited!

:lol:

So far this is what my book says I need to have and the extras that it doesn't say are below...: (I AM GOING TO GET TIMOTHY HAY, so don't worry:) )

[x] Carrying box with removable lid
[] Wood-based litter and tray
[x] Dust-Free wood shavings
[] Dust-free straw
[] Dust-free hay
[x] Cleaning materials
[x] Grooming Kit
[x] Food and bowl
[x] Water bottle

EXTRAS:

[x] veggies/fruits
[x] treats
[x] toys
[x] yard :]

:) I am really excited (as said before) and I know it will take some work to get Sid as happy as possible.... :D but I just can't believe I'm getting him!!!!!

sorry about such a long thing :roll:

-shelby!

:wave: that's great news!

if you need any pointers, don't be afraid to ask, everyone on here is really knowledgeable and helpful.

thanks so much Lauralou :]

one question on the toys though -- can they be cloth? i saw cloth toys at petsmart and they sell safe stuff and non-safe stuff so im just asking. ;]

my friend has baby toys with her GIANT rabbit. like the jingling big plastic car keys kids always play with.

is that bad?

baby toys are a bit hit with rabbits, the rattling keys are great, things that can be chucked around and make noises. as long as they are tough and sturdy they're fine.

with cloth, it totally depends on the rabbit, some will tear things to bits, some won't. my little boy has a fabric friend and he spends alot of time grooming it! if he tried to tear it to bits, i'd take it away because of the possibility in ingestion.

they like phone books, cardboard boxes with holes cut in that they can hide in... sometimes you find that the free things are the things they are most interested in!

alot of rabbits like plastic footballs too, though i havn't tried that one yet.

willow balls and the wooden type things you get in pet stores are great to, keeps them occupied and wears the teeth down.

hope that helps x

Great News!
Good Luck!
If you need anymore information or help- don't hesetate to post on here- there are some VERY VERY clever people on here:)
Jack x

hehe thank you all so much :)

:roll:and i think i have enough noise makers in this house!:lol:
i actually do have a plastic football -- from one of our school football games!! its like 4'' long... not very big :p

i bought them both two cat balls -- those things that jingle a lot when pushed around!

i just can't wait!! :rolleyes:

Great news that two bunnies may end their days being loved rather as someones inconvenience.
Well done you, and good luck:D

i bought them both two cat balls -- those things that jingle a lot when pushed around!

my little monster has one of those, it has holes in that i pop a few pellets in, he spends ages picking it up and throwing it about trying to get them out!

thanks -- just to make sure everyone knows that Joni is taking one and I'm taking one but I forgot to mention....

they are not bonded.
they have separate cages.
;]
they don't really like each other and tend to fight, so they're ok to split because they dont see each other at all.

Back