• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veg feeding

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
My buns love thery're veg but if I give it to them everyday, they get loose poos?

Is it possible to build it up to a point where they're systems are used to it and they're poos are no longer loose?

Hope this makes sense x

Perhaps your buns have sensitive tums?

Are you introducing each new type of veg you give them slowly? If I am giving mroe veg than usual I will decrease the amount of pellets, this may help with their tums. There are also some types of veg that should be fed in moderation only. What types of veg do you feed them?

Mine gets a huge plate of veg every day (several different kinds) and has perfect poos but I built up to that amount slowly.:D

i used to weigh my veg to make sure i didnt give too much.

for the first few months i gave 75g of 3 different types, only introducing something new once a week..

between the two of them now they get about 200g (a big bowl full) every morning without any out of place poops :D

I divide their veg up , and they don't get much variety.
They have a spring green leaf each every morning, a sprout in the afternoon and a carrot and carrot tops in the evening.
As a treat they sometimes have a tiny bit of pear or apple.
This is the diet I've found works best for my lot - any deviation from routine and I end up with a bunny with tummy ache!

Perhaps your buns have sensitive tums?

Are you introducing each new type of veg you give them slowly? If I am giving mroe veg than usual I will decrease the amount of pellets, this may help with their tums. There are also some types of veg that should be fed in moderation only. What types of veg do you feed them?

What types of veg do I need to feed in moderation? At the moment I give them parsley, carrots, spring greens, cauliflower, brocolli. They love the green bits of the carrots - that's they're favourite!

Back