• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnyruns!...how do they work??

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Not sure if this is in the right section but here goes.

Im just curious as to how the system works .....can someone explain to a novice please!!

you can post a transport request in Rabbits in Need and if people can help they post a reply. If some people can do one section of the trip they can link up with someone else and make a chain.

Not usually but many people offer some money towards petrol costs if the bunnyrunner was not doing the route originally anyway. A lot of people just have a bunny 'hitch' with them on a journey they already had planned.

It normally helps rescues getting a bunny to it's new home:D and means we can get the rescue bunnies a forever home sooner than waiting locally for the right home to come up.

the bunny in question is posted on the rabbits in need section but isn't actually from a rescue ...does that make a difference?....forgive my endless questions!!.....it may not even happen yet anyway,depends on the sex of the bunny to a great extent and at present that is unknown!

I've been part of a bunny run this morning :D I was the person living nearest to the bun, I collected the little fella and then met the next person in the bunny run she'll then be off to meet the new bunnys mummy.

basically we post for someone to help in transport requests then one of the forum members will offer to do the run, most of us will do it for free even if it out of the way tho i had a very nice gift for the bunnys off the last one!!!!
i guess if someone really was desperate and someone could help do the drive but hadnt the money for petrol they could post that and make an arrangement. generally i go up to 2 hours drive from mine (ie 4hr round trip) as a max unless its somewhere i am going to anyway ie i often pop back to gloucester so wud do a run there as would be going anyway! mainly its just helping out get a bun to a rescue or from a rescue to anew home! xx

Back