• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unwanted Litter....................

I wrote a poem for this weeks General chat poetry, but the air head that I am I left it too late to enter it. So I thought I would bore you all with it instead....it had to be written in a Acrostic style.....here we go.......

UNWANTED LITTER..................

"Unwanted litter" I heard my Dad say
"Now I'll have to drowned them,you know they can't stay"
Why did this happen, where did I fail
A man in the shop said that they were both male,
"No Dad " I cried "Can't we just keep two
The others I'll take to a rabbit rescue"
"Enough now" said Dad "I know it sounds tough
Didn't I tell you that two was enough"
"Let me just try to find homes for all four
I promise I'll knock on every ones door"
Try as I did no-one seem to care
To the rescue I went and I left them all there,
Everyone listen....please neuter your bunnies
Remember that rabbits don't have to be mummies.

Carol

awwwh i really like that!
is that a true life situation?

It isn't a situation I have been in..but many years ago I bought 4 guinea pigs from a pet shop (I was ingnorant of rescues) they told me they were all male and that two of them were very fat from over eating and they should go on a diet............two weeks later they put themselves on a diet and lost a lot of weight....these males produced two litters! I went back to the shop and all he said was "If you're not satisfied with them bring them back and you can have your money back" I wasn't going to let them go back there, they were my little babies so....I kept them all.I took them to a vet who told me all my guineas were female!!!!! They all lived together very happily for the next 8 years...............and I NEVER bought any more of anything from any pet shop!
Carol

It isn't a situation I have been in..but many years ago I bought 4 guinea pigs from a pet shop (I was ingnorant of rescues) they told me they were all male and that two of them were very fat from over eating and they should go on a diet............two weeks later they put themselves on a diet and lost a lot of weight....these males produced two litters! I went back to the shop and all he said was "If you're not satisfied with them bring them back and you can have your money back" I wasn't going to let them go back there, they were my little babies so....I kept them all.I took them to a vet who told me all my guineas were female!!!!! They all lived together very happily for the next 8 years...............and I NEVER bought any more of anything from any pet shop!
Carol

awwwh
how many did you have in the end? :shock:

Back