• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can unrelated fighting males be bonded?

Should I try and re-bond fighting males?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Sammy and Leon are nearly a year old. We got them at eight weeks and they were together then. At 12 weeks old hormones set in and they started fighting, they were kept separate after this but a couple of weeks later Sammy managed to get out his run and into Leons run and they fought again.
Sammy was neutered in early March this year and Leon will be neutered in May. I'd love them to have each other for company again but feel really weary about putting them back together.
If I was going to try and bond them I was going to do it in July.

Leon is very affectionate and certainly loves our attention but Sammy likes his own space and often tries to avoid us.
When they were together you would often see Leon grooming Sammy and wanting to be near him but never the other way about.

Neutral terroritory - Does this have to be a room both bunnies have never been before or can I use the living room where both get into but at different times?

I really just wanted your opinion on whether you think it would be a good idea to try and bond them again!

Last edited:
i only have ever had 2 males together as they have girlfreinds and free reign of the garden so they can do their things. all depends on how big the neutral territory is and as long as they have toys to play with, that usaully detracts from fighting with each other. other then that if any of the other males get together whether nuetered or not. all hell breaks lose and the injuries arnt nice.

I wouldn't advise it. I know I'm new here and still learning... but I don't think you'd want to have an unexpected death while you're away. I don't really know much, but the ones I'm watching used to be together but both had mood swings and now the little boys need separate cages. :?

Now I would say - yes go for it. My two boys I got when they were about three months and put them together - they are not brothers. They started scrapping a bit and humping each other so I had to part them for about a month. I then had them both neutured. I re-bonded them again gradually and they have been fine ever since. Absolutely fine. Of course it depends on the bunnies involved but I would say definitely give it a go - just obviously do it gradually. Hope this helps,
Em x

Back