• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone Help.........

Star Bunnies

Young Bun
Anyone have any idea how to bond my bunnies, my little rabbits whiskas and fluffy both neutered male and female used to be bonded and really good friends but all of a sudden they hate each other.I tried bonding them again on short leads but they tried to get at each other and fight.Can anyone help?
Thanks
Star-Bunnies

Last edited:
if they are in seperate hutches then just keep swapping them from hutch to hutch then they get the smells of each other. do that for a week then see what happens. have done that and it worked.:wave:

This is what I would do:

Find somewhere that is Nutral Terretory (somewhere both buns dont regard as their own) and introduce them to each other slowly- ie. 30mins on day one, 1 hour on day 2...etc...

Be prepared to split up any squallbes though! Good Luck x
Jack x

OR...... the 'Go for broke' method -

-sterilise your carrier
-shove both buns in the carrier together (so they are quite worried and unsettled)
-put the carrier in the car
-go for a drive of around an hour if possibe
-alternatively move the carrier by walking it around, keep them unsettled for as long as you can.
-bring them back and put them in a small area together (the smaller the better) the bath is good
- leave water and hay in there and watch.
- chasing, nipping, humping is normal. fur pulling is normal. looks scary put is necessary for them to realise who is boss. DO NOT TOUCH THEM unless they lock together in a kicking fight. If you intervene they get more stressed and it will take longer.
- when they settle in the small space, give them a slightly bigger space with no hidey holes or territories (like the rest of the bathroom)
- scatter food on the floor not in bowls.
- expect bonding to take several days.
- DON'T PANIC!
:wave:

This is the method I used a couple of weeks ago with my Frenchie and my Flemish. Within 3 days they were in luurrrrve! :love:

Phase 1 bonding - 6x2 pen
DSCN1162-1.jpg

Phase 2 bonding - front room 48 hrs later
DSCN1164-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back