• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning out the cages....

Does anyone else almost die every time they clean out the cages or is it just my quirky little furry family?

See the rest of the week Destiny runs amok, usually trying to eat my skirting boards in the hallway or jumping on my sofa. Charm usually lays down watching or grooming her.

But come every weekend when I start to clean out the cages all hell breaks loose, the two bunnies situate themselves right in front of the cages. So I start cleaning, and Desty follows me around nipping my ankles and trying to rip my socks off. She only ever does it when I'm cleaning. The ammount of times the megazorb almost gets put or dropped or thrown on Charm because I'm being eaten by desty.... >_<

I don't think she enjoys me talking about her though as we just discovered my middle toe can fit in her mouth and that is such a wierd thing to experiance.

Plus charm will suddenly develop the desire to enter the hutch and throw the shovel out with a vivid aggression.

Bless these buns and bless their mess ^_^

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm strange, cuz I love it!! The OH occupies the buns while I do the shovelling :lol:

I think it's one of the most theaputic activities in my house, possibly because I get left to do it while everyone else disappears!!!

H xx

Aaaaaaw bless em, sounds like kids who have messed their rooms up and doesn't want mum to go in and see what they've done:lol:

Perhaps I'm strange, cuz I love it!! The OH occupies the buns while I do the shovelling :lol:

I think it's one of the most theaputic activities in my house, possibly because I get left to do it while everyone else disappears!!!

H xx

i enjoy it too :oops: I would more than happily spend all day every day cleaning my rabbits out.

I was saying to my brother-in-law yesterday that I found it so theraputic and I just looked at me like I was mad. :shock:

i enjoy it too :oops: I would more than happily spend all day every day cleaning my rabbits out.

I was saying to my brother-in-law yesterday that I found it so theraputic and I just looked at me like I was mad. :shock:

I am looking at you as if you're mad too! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I think it's because I generally have an obsession with cleaning....
so I love cleaning out my summerhouse and making it all nice and clean again :oops::oops::oops:

I don't have hutches, just dog beds to clean out :oops:

Do you have a makeshift pen or area you can pop them into just while you clean out? Florence always used to nip me when cleaning out as well - Neil thought it was funny :roll: but it's not when you are on the receiving end! ;) Particularly as I had to climb into their cage to reach the back to clean it - there was no-where to move to.

Maria x

Does anyone wanna offer to clean my hutch today? lol..right i best be waking up now and actually start doing this hutch..Smokeys waiting for me haha.. xx

Do you have a makeshift pen or area you can pop them into just while you clean out? Florence always used to nip me when cleaning out as well - Neil thought it was funny :roll: but it's not when you are on the receiving end! ;) Particularly as I had to climb into their cage to reach the back to clean it - there was no-where to move to.

Maria x

oooh scary :shock: pinned up against the wall by a giant bunny, with only a dustpan to defend yourself with :shock:

I don't usually get bitten but I get a lot of help i.e. holes put in the bin bag. You have some naughty bunnies :lol:

H xx

Same here, I enjoy cleaning them all out :) The buns all help me and I just chat away to them while im doing it :lol:

I cant clean the rats cages with them near me though because they just get everywhere and im constantly moving them so I can get on with it :lol:

Molly will sit up on his shelf and not move at all when I clean them out. The outside one's generally get in the way of the broom and try to get in the rubbish bag.

mine are the same cant wait to get out of hutch every day when i get home then when it comes to cleaning the hutches they think they will be helpful!!

husband was trying to measure garden for patio at weekend and one of the bunnies took a dislike to tape measure and started attacking it- funny enough same bunny attacks the trowel, dustban, broom etc!!

Back