• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting hutch

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so my hutches have been in my shed all winter and im wanting to give them a paint over.

Any recommendations on what to do and use?!

Pleasseee!

How long do i have to leave it before its safe for bunnies? Can i paint inside of hutch?!

Hi :wave:

You need to use an animal friendly paint :) I think the ones that say child safe are ok for rabbit hutches, I have used cuprinol shades on one of my hutches and will be painting my other one next weekend if its not raining :roll: :lol:

When I painted my hutch, Trip and Scarlett spent the whole weekend in the house. I think I started painting it Friday night and finished Saturday morning and the buns went back into the hutch Monday morning so it was about 48 hours after I finished before they went anywhere near the hutch :)

Not sure about painting the inside, I dont think I would risk it with my buns personally just incase they started chewing it. I would only paint the outside because thats what I want protecting against the rain :) x

Umm im not sure what shops you have for that stuff in England :oops: I got mine from a DIY store called Andersons but I think its just a local shop here, I guess just any shop that sells paint x

Ooooh yeh I think pet shops in the uk do sell paint for hutches, im sure I have read that on here before :)

I will have to pop down at some point! Although i try and avoid the place as i feel sorry for this german lop called summer that they have there! shes been there for 2months+ id say!

x

:( I came to England to collect my rats last year and forgot to bring them a water bottle so had to stop at a Pets at Home, they had a giant bunny in there adoption thingy and I was in there ages just looking at him I so wanted to bring him home too :shock:

:( I came to England to collect my rats last year and forgot to bring them a water bottle so had to stop at a Pets at Home, they had a giant bunny in there adoption thingy and I was in there ages just looking at him I so wanted to bring him home too :shock:

Aww dear.
I do this everytime i go, i say to my o/h shes still here and he just looks at me. The problem is before her they had a giant rabbit in and when that went they got her so....i know they will just replace her.

Sadly as im moving house aswell im having to rehome one of my rabbits.

x

Aww dear.
I do this everytime i go, i say to my o/h shes still here and he just looks at me. The problem is before her they had a giant rabbit in and when that went they got her so....i know they will just replace her.

Sadly as im moving house aswell im having to rehome one of my rabbits.

x

Yeh thats the thing, they will just get more in :( I just dont go into shops which sell animals now, its so much easier :)

Back