• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Buses

millie

Warren Scout
So, i don't have a car and I need to take my rabbit back home after I've had a week holiday.

How long is too long on a bus in a carrier thingy with a rabbit? :?

She was fine in a car for an hour.....

I took Jack to vets by bus, the journey was about 40/50 mins and he was fine although i did get alot of stares LOL.

I think it depends on the rabbit....

My rabbit used to go ape if I tried to take her on the bus and found it very, very stressful. I think the noise of the bus and people on the bus were just too much for her. I used to take the same rabbit on a train and she loved that! :lol:

the only problem i had in the car is no where for a litter tray!!

I think she didn't like that either as she will not wee anywhere but her tray normally.......

i may squeeze one in for her

plus she'd love the stares (ok i would cuz she's damn cute....:lol:)

I sometimes need to take the buns to the et by bus but thats only 15 mins at the most. I've had to take quite a few rescues home by bus too and that can be up to an hour. I had them on harnesses so they could come out and sit on my lap for a change and stretche their legs a bit. Got some funy looks there too. As long as the carrier has a water bottle attached and some hay and pellet inside and a soft towel or paper based litter you'll be ok.

Back