PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits and Buses

millie
19-04-2008, 10:30 PM
So, i don't have a car and I need to take my rabbit back home after I've had a week holiday.

How long is too long on a bus in a carrier thingy with a rabbit? :?

She was fine in a car for an hour.....

Rose
19-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I took Jack to vets by bus, the journey was about 40/50 mins and he was fine although i did get alot of stares LOL.

charlie82
19-04-2008, 10:35 PM
I think it depends on the rabbit....

My rabbit used to go ape if I tried to take her on the bus and found it very, very stressful. I think the noise of the bus and people on the bus were just too much for her. I used to take the same rabbit on a train and she loved that! :lol:

millie
20-04-2008, 12:03 AM
the only problem i had in the car is no where for a litter tray!!

I think she didn't like that either as she will not wee anywhere but her tray normally.......

i may squeeze one in for her

plus she'd love the stares (ok i would cuz she's damn cute....:lol:)

waggytailstina
20-04-2008, 12:53 AM
my Ellie would sit on your knee and enjoy it , she like going on buses but doesn't like her traveling box!

Fifibutton
20-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I sometimes need to take the buns to the et by bus but thats only 15 mins at the most. I've had to take quite a few rescues home by bus too and that can be up to an hour. I had them on harnesses so they could come out and sit on my lap for a change and stretche their legs a bit. Got some funy looks there too. As long as the carrier has a water bottle attached and some hay and pellet inside and a soft towel or paper based litter you'll be ok.