• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burgess pellets

Rose

Mama Doe
Jack currently has burgess pellets but i was wondering what other people feed their rabbits because jack hasn't eaten many pellets but has eaten fresh food. I also think hes a little skinny but haven't been able to weigh him. I'm not too worried because i know hes eating and is fine in himself.

Excel? That's what my girls get, a very small amount each day, to encourage hay eating. :)

Some rabbits get sticky bums from Excel, but most will do very well on it (mine do). Pellets shouldn't be a big part of the diet, unlimited hay and veggies are much more important.

Other kinds of pellets that are good are Oxbow, Science Selective and Allen & Page. :)

I feed Burgess light because it is higher in fibre (18%) but Alice only gets a few grams a day (probably about 2 teaspoons) because she eats a lot of hay, herbs and fresh veg. :)

Yes Excal (green bag) He has plenty of veg and hay and doesn't get a sticky bum. Ive just bought a bag so ill give it another try for a little longer.

I give my two Burgess Excel Lite, about two tablespoons in their bowl and then ensure they have a constant supply of hay. Used to give them veggies every day but one of my buns had a really dirty bum and even using cornstarch powder didn't shift it, so give one bowl of greens a week as a treat. He's never had a dirty bum since :D

Thor was originally on Excel Junior/Dwarf but it was a little too rich for his bum, so I switched him onto Oxbow T! He loves it, no problems at all with changeover, and is thriving on it

my rabbit has p@h pellets, she doesnt like veg! :shock: she only likes apple, i have tried everything, but thats all she will eat!........ should i be worried, h she has unlimited hay

I've recently switched from a very good but highly obscure and tricky to source German brand of pellet to Allen & Page Natural Pellets. They are higher in fibre than most other brands.

Upton only has 25g a day though, he has mainly hay.

Back