• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone a member of the RWAF?

*Michaela*

Alpha Buck
As much as I would love to join up, I can't, we're not exactly rich and I need all my money for the bunnies, I'm 16. But I really want to find a good rabbit vet, I am just sick of the crappy advice and service I've received from vets. :roll::evil: My girls aren't even spayed yet because I'm not risking them with a vet who thinks they should be starved before an op.

The "Find a Rabbit Vet" is members only on their website, could anyone help me out please? :)

Thanks! :D There are a few, the nearest is too far still for my dad to drive me (he doesn't like my rabbits, thinks I take them to seriously etc. He would take me in an emergency, of course, but doesn't think the girls need spayed). And mum doesn't drive. :( But I am soon old enough to drive myself, guess I'm just going to have to wait until then. :)

Thanks! :D There are a few, the nearest is too far still for my dad to drive me (he doesn't like my rabbits, thinks I take them to seriously etc. He would take me in an emergency, of course, but doesn't think the girls need spayed). And mum doesn't drive. :( But I am soon old enough to drive myself, guess I'm just going to have to wait until then. :)

Public transport? A bun would be ok in a carrier on a bus/train. If they were boys i wouldnt be saying it was super neccessary to get them spayed. But as they are girls i do think it is important to get them done sooner rather than later. Good luck

I have a family membership for rabbit welfare fund

I t is good you get membership bage, booklets , information on the Jaffa club for 7 year olds . Bunny creations also do magazines with helpful advice , hope this helps tanya:wave:

Public transport? A bun would be ok in a carrier on a bus/train. If they were boys i wouldnt be saying it was super neccessary to get them spayed. But as they are girls i do think it is important to get them done sooner rather than later. Good luck

I know, it's constantly on my mind. :( They are both still quite young, but it's no excuse. But are they more at risk from a bad vet? :? :( Public transport could work, but not right now, GCSE time so I can't take a day off school for anything right now, maybe in the summer holidays. :? I'd have no worries about taking them in a bus in a carrier, saw a woman taking a cat on a bus to be fixed, hehe.

Thanks! :)

If you join a site called Bunspace they have a find a local vet function.Membership is free and it's really easy to find a good vet local to you.Plus you get to create internet profiles for your bunnies.
Hope that helps
Star-Bunnies

:wave: sorry but rabbits dont need to be starved to have a op! i have had upto 70 rabbits come through my house and most have been to my vets and not once did they say starve the rabbit! as their digestive system is differnt to cat ect also rabbits cannot be sick! where abouts do you live?

:wave: sorry but rabbits dont need to be starved to have a op! i have had upto 70 rabbits come through my house and most have been to my vets and not once did they say starve the rabbit! as their digestive system is differnt to cat ect also rabbits cannot be sick! where abouts do you live?

Yep I know, that's why I want to steer clear of local vets, they say that should be starved. I live in Rural NI so vets are used to cows, and not a lot else. :?

Star - I am a member on Bunspace, but they don't have any vets listed in my area.

I'm not sure if Beebop is near me, like I said, until I can drive I'm pretty limited how far I can go.

Back