• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I really cant decide.....

Rose

Mama Doe
On a hutch for Jack. I am currently saving up for a hutch for Jack but only have about 49 pounds saved up. I want to buy it asap because i want to get him a friend in the summer. Ive been looking at a natura 120 hutch with ground enclosure on zoo plus but its only 4ft long but 2ft deep. The hutch will be inside a room that jack its let out in during the day so it really cant be any bigger then 5ft. I really dont like the hutch Jacks in at the moment. So if anyone has any ideas that would be great. :)

Save up some more! It will be worth the wait to buy a better hutch. A 6x2x2 hutch and run combo costs about £110 on ebay, but i seriously reccommend the 2ft high run and this cost me £150 per unit. It brilliant and im sure Jack would love it.

Do you have anything you could sell so you could save up some more?

Hi,

On ebay there are some cheap ones, double hutches for about £50. I bought a double hutch off ebay and used an old play pen to make a run (just cut it to open it out, and then wire the ends to the hutch etc)

n614569953_392091_1376.jpg

6ft is a bit big for Jacks room so i have been looking 5ft hutches that have 2 floors. I have been selling stuff on play.com and have made 53 pounds so hopefully ill have some more sales. Jack will have a large run in the summer if my neighbor agrees to do it. I really don't want to put jack outside because my garden can be seen from the road and ill leave near some kids (well hes actully 18 ) who would think it would be funny to let Jack out.

Is it a room in your house he will be in? Why do you need a hutch at all? Could you not have a dog crate instead? :D

yeah I'd have a big 48" dog crate - they're really high and you can either fit a second floor or just put something in there for them to climb onto :) I've got loads of guinea pigs indoors and I HATE cleaning the hutches I have - it's backbreaking - whereas cages or crates are so easy to do, especially if you have litter trained bunnies :) A crate will also fold flat if you need to store it, which is handy - I've got 2 under my stairs at the moment - and when I had an indoor rabbit in a hutch she thumped and it was like someone playing the drums - I nearly had heart failure a couple of times :lol:

Jacks in the utility/back room and i prefer having a hutch and its the only thing my mum will let me have. Also when we have the garden re-fenced i would like Jack to be out in the garden in the summer.

i got a massive dog crate (for large dogs) for £35 from my pet shop. Was so heavy taking it take it on two buses and a 10 min walk down my street...
but worth it in the end

it's huge and you can climb into it to clean it out:D

plus they last longer. mine's all metal and so can't be chewed like hutches

Back