• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neuturing

Have seen from posts on here that it varies a lot depending on your area and the individual vets, you should ring round for quotes and also ask some questions to find out how many rabbits that practice neuters in a week/month/year whatever, what pain relief they give, etc.

Think it's about £45 at my vets.

£55+ for us, not including pain releif and GA :evil: and not forgetting the vet's holiday fees, the vet's lunch hmm, and what else :evil: usually foir one buck it comes to about £100 :rolleyes:

£55+ for us, not including pain releif and GA :evil: and not forgetting the vet's holiday fees, the vet's lunch hmm, and what else :evil: usually foir one buck it comes to about £100 :rolleyes:

£100 to castrate one buck??? :shock: I think you should change vets, that's insanely expensive! I think it's about £50 at my vets :)

We pay £40-£45 for both spay and neuter. Our vet says the price varies depending on how much anaesthetic they use so size of bunny can be more of a factor than sex.

Maria x

How much money , how much you get.

how much is it for a buck to be neutured

Look..... we routinely neuter all our bunnies and we use a number of vets in the process.

When comparing prices ask what you are getting.....Some put bunnies on a drip some do not , some administer pain relief some do not, some give metroclopramide gut stimulant some do not, some use disolving sutures some do not, some do not even suture but leave it open having castrated through a minute central incision and finally some just stick it up with vet bond...... I think we have just about seen every possible combination.

The more you have...... generally the more you pay....and without comment as to what is best , satisfy yourself the vet you use is up to the job with rabbits. Ask about deaths due to anesthetic... it varies according to what type you have and also vet to vet.

One peice of final advice to anybody contamplating having their bunny spayed.....for heaven sake insist on internal disolving sutures for the wound so that the bunny cannot get to them....vets with little or no experience of rabbits and I'm affraid foreign vets and the like fit this category, often suture externally which can cause horrendous problems.

You have been warned.:(

I paid £60 for my bucks, they keep them overnight, have had 2 bucks and one doe done with them, i collect them the next day, they are comfortable and happy when they come home, i love my vets, you'd hardly know they'd had an op. They also take both my buns in no question and provide fresh veg :D

Back