• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what breed is he?

coco1200

Warren Veteran
right, i think some of you guys have seen oscar before, my giant.

i was told hes a giant conti X giant papillion, but now i have my doubts :?

hes 7 months old and weighs 4 kilos.
shouldnt he be weighing more?

i think he may be a conti X hare?

his face is quite narrow and pointed like the hare, and hes quite lean too around the belly.
hmm... just a thought though, tell me what you think!!

i dont think hes cross between two giant breeds though!!

rabbit1.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

rabbit3.jpg

bunny6.jpg

bunny3.jpg

rabbitandskyremote.jpg

He is handsome:love:
Don't really have any idea regarding breed, but my Ra (Conti giant) has a much slimmer, hare like face than his wife Hera, so may be a conti trait??
2003_0103Image0046.jpg

yea,
i definately think he has conti in him, but im unsure about the papillion.

i need an expert at this!! :lol::lol:

ooh ps BB - he is lovely :love:

yea,
i definately think he has conti in him, but im unsure about the papillion.

i need an expert at this!! :lol::lol:

ooh ps BB - he is lovely :love:

Arnt papillions white and black? Marble is a Giant Papillion x but hes not that big either?

hya,im not an expert with breeds but ill have a go.papillons dont just come in black and white.they come in solid colours too but they also are a hefty breed.hes got more papillon ears but the face of a conti so perhaps hes just a slow grower?did you pick him or did they pick him for you?it could be that hes the smallest out of the litter.still a gorgeous bunny though.xxxx:D

ok, dont flog me everyone, :oops: but i bought him from a breeder.

(this was before i joined this site and found out all about rescues. - never again!!)

the breeder got rid of him becuase he wasnt a pure conti.
she told me he was conti X pap.

but ive heard that paps and contis are slow growers, so maybe becuase its 2 slow growing breeds, the time taken to grow has increased?? :shock::lol:

hya,im not an expert with breeds but ill have a go.papillons dont just come in black and white.they come in solid colours too but they also are a hefty breed.hes got more papillon ears but the face of a conti so perhaps hes just a slow grower?did you pick him or did they pick him for you?it could be that hes the smallest out of the litter.still a gorgeous bunny though.xxxx:D

Cool nether knew that, When ever i have google Papillon they are black and white.

Wonder if Marbles a pure Papillon, The breader said he was a Giant Papillon Bearhare????

Back