• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allan and Page Pellets....

charlie82

Mama Doe
Hi,

Just wondering how many people on here use the Allen and Page pellets and would you recommend them? Are they good quality??

I have always used Science Selective but bought some A&P Natural Pellets to see what they are like. Good high fibre content so am going to just use it as a treat pellet for time being and read up about it before I consider using it as a main pellet food. Don't think I will ever stop using Science though as it's good quality and you don't need to use a lot.:D

thanks guys...

I currently use SS but have a couple of buns who won't eat it so was thinking about trying the A&P and if they all like it changing them all over.... it's easier having them all on the same food but obviously I want them to have the best!!!

All mine (8) have Allen and Page. Nice high fibre content, and no excess caecotrophs since they were all converted:thumb:

All 140+ rabbits at Lou's rescue have it too:D

My lot are on A&P natural pellets and i have had no problems with them. They are cheap, i can buy them locally and have one of the highest fibre contents. My rabbits all eat them like they are starved too :D

Mine won't eat them! Bought a sack and the wouldn't even try them:? I gave them them Touie! Her Buns love them. :roll:

See everybody elses buns eat them!! Why wont mine!!! :roll:
Fussy Boys!!!

ha ha they must just be fussy!!!
Maybe I will buy a bag and give them a few pellets as treats and see what they think.. It's only 8 quid a bag at my local horse feed shop. I have a feeling I used to have my very first bunny on them....are the pellets quite thin?

All 3 of mine are on A&P. Zi and Fia LOVE them. I have just converted Winter over to A&P and he eats it but he much prefers Excel. I am glad he eats the A&P though.

I tried sneaking some in amongst thier excel but the just picked out all the excel and left the A & P. :roll::lol:

They all do that to start off with, but most will eat it eventualy.

I do a 50/50 mix of SS & AP, which seems to do down quite well.:)

I tried it for ages but they both dropped weight so I stopped. Going to give the bag to a girl at work for her sons rabbit. I give up the boys have beaten me!! :roll::lol:

One of mine wont eat them but no issues with the other 7. Only had one rescue bunny turn them down too.

I have never had problems with them upsetting tummies or causing excess ceacals and that includes some rabbits going straight onto them as we had no idea what food they ate previously.

A&P has a stonking fiber content and are low in protein, thats what won me over.....dont be fooled by the low price they are a good feed. :D

Mine love them although they do prefer SS but my wallet prefers A&P:lol: They get a few SS pellets now and again as a treat.

Back