• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just been into pets at home....

i have just been into my local pah and i cant believe what i saw.
Two six month old giants for sale .So what you might thhnk apart from the fact that they were uneatured and they wanted to keep them both together.
they were lovely bunnies but i cant help but think this could be potenial disastours!?!

Theres an adorable giant (or possibly a french lop) in the norwich one.. he stands up on his hind legs to get your attention and runs to the glass when you go the pen.. he/she is adorable! Cant believe they sell them for £129!
Its the ones in the adoption bit that annoys me.. there was a big white rabbit in one in norwich branch that was trying to hop (could only hop once before he had to turn around.. but the shavings were all dug around so he was actually iceskating across the pen.. looked really scared :cry::cry:

Just been to my local P@H and there were approx 15 brand new, gorgeous babies, everyone cooing over them. I stood there for ages, the kids got bored and were asking why I was looking for so long. I just didnt want to leave them, I know if i go back next week they'll have probably all gone to who knows where? Then I went around the corner and there was a German Lop, I dont know anything about these rabbits but it didnt seem to have a great deal of room in there, it too was gorgeous and was selling for £79. :roll:

Oh forgot to say, the ones in |Ipswich are being offered by adoption, just in the normal area cause they are sooo big, and adoption area is sooooo small x

popped in after you sam to buy timothy hay

yeah it's pet shops that are at the beginning of many a sad story for bunnies - if only they were banned from selling them it would help so much with 'the big picture' - but of course all they care about is the small picture headed by a £ sign :roll:

Aw poor buns. The older ones are always overlooked because of all the tiny babies. I've never seen any older buns for sale in Wokings P@H.
But i did once fall in love with a grey nethie in P@H, i wanted him so much
i was nearly crying when my parents made me leave without him.

Theres an adorable giant (or possibly a french lop) in the norwich one.. he stands up on his hind legs to get your attention and runs to the glass when you go the pen.. he/she is adorable! Cant believe they sell them for £129!
Its the ones in the adoption bit that annoys me.. there was a big white rabbit in one in norwich branch that was trying to hop (could only hop once before he had to turn around.. but the shavings were all dug around so he was actually iceskating across the pen.. looked really scared :cry::cry:

Omg the poor bun :(
I hate seeing the buns fighting because of the tiny pens they have in pets at home :evil:

i have just been into my local pah and i cant believe what i saw.
Two six month old giants for sale .So what you might thhnk apart from the fact that they were uneatured and they wanted to keep them both together.
they were lovely bunnies but i cant help but think this could be potenial disastours!?!

Are the 2 rabbits together at the moment? Did everything look okay? Not all rabbits together, even though unneutered will fight. If these two are getting along at 6 months, I certainly wouldn't split them up.

Coleraine Pets at Home sometimes has Giant Bunnies in. Beside the (very big) pen they have a list of good advice specifically for giant buns - reccommend them as House Buns only, neutering, etc etc. It's a good thing they make them so expensive, means no impulse buyers, obviously only someone who is very dedicated is going to buy one.

All pens there, no matter what size of bunny or cavy, are good sizes. Always hay and water in.

The Adoption sector also is great. Before they had it done up it was just indoor cages, not great, but now they have proper enclosures, of a good size, they always have hidey holes for bunnies too.

Most people will probably slate me for this, but I would have no problem getting a bunny from P@H Adoption at all. There are no rabbit rescues near me, the closest (and only one I know of in NI) is way too far, no one will drive me.

Coleraine Pets at Home sometimes has Giant Bunnies in. Beside the (very big) pen they have a list of good advice specifically for giant buns - reccommend them as House Buns only, neutering, etc etc. It's a good thing they make them so expensive, means no impulse buyers, obviously only someone who is very dedicated is going to buy one.

All pens there, no matter what size of bunny or cavy, are good sizes. Always hay and water in.

The Adoption sector also is great. Before they had it done up it was just indoor cages, not great, but now they have proper enclosures, of a good size, they always have hidey holes for bunnies too.

Most people will probably slate me for this, but I would have no problem getting a bunny from P@H Adoption at all. There are no rabbit rescues near me, the closest (and only one I know of in NI) is way too far, no one will drive me.

Nice to hear. Thank you :)

Are the 2 rabbits together at the moment? Did everything look okay? Not all rabbits together, even though unneutered will fight. If these two are getting along at 6 months, I certainly wouldn't split them up.

yes rabbits are together and look very content, have been in a few times this week and they seem to be getting along fine, the shop are just suggesting whoever rehomes them they will need to get them neutered.

yes rabbits are together and look very content, have been in a few times this week and they seem to be getting along fine, the shop are just suggesting whoever rehomes them they will need to get them neutered.

Yes I agree with this, both boys did look happy and content!, dispite the rather big crowd (me included around them!).....

maisy did you happen to notice a little dark grey boy bunny in the bunny villiage yesterday?!. When i was there he didnt look too happy, all hutched up in the corner, and i couldnt tell for sure if he had bloat or not?. Told one of the girls on the desk, but doubt she went over to check, desk was pretty busy at the time...

Now as for the two big boys being up for adoption....i wonder if they would take £1 for the two?!.....:lol:

Back