• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spring greens = cecal central :-0

Lauralou

Warren Veteran
sorry the monster had his first taste of spring greens last night and OH MY WORD!! i've never seen so much cecal in my liiiiiiife! he does night poos at about 4am and sometime pops one out for a snack at 2pm-ish.

i don't think spring greens are his friend, he didn't eat them last night and has just done a ton that he's not interested in eating.

he's fine in himself otherwise, normal poos, eating hay, drinking and his tummy feels fine as normal.

should i be worried? i won't be giving him spring greens again that's fo' so'!!

sorry the monster had his first taste of spring greens last night and OH MY WORD!! i've never seen so much cecal in my liiiiiiife! he does night poos at about 4am and sometime pops one out for a snack at 2pm-ish.

i don't think spring greens are his friend, he didn't eat them last night and has just done a ton that he's not interested in eating.

he's fine in himself otherwise, normal poos, eating hay, drinking and his tummy feels fine as normal.

should i be worried? i won't be giving him spring greens again that's fo' so'!!

you need to start with tiny amounts of new food hun (less than 25g) or theres a very strong chance his delicate tummy will be upset....

I've had a couple of bunnies like this on their first try of SGs but they all settled within a few days of careful introduction and very small quantities.

yeah you must only give a postage stamp sized piece on day one, nothing on day two, tiny bit bigger day 3, and so on over 2 weeks - never give them something new all in one go like a normal portion size as it can even kill a baby rabbit - there's no bacteria in their gut to digest it at first and they take about a fortnight to get enough bacteria in the gut to cope.

:wave: thanks everyone. i did give him a small amount but it certainly wasn't as small as you've suggested, Elve. I'll go for a postage stamp size in a few days time then!

Back