• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibreplex

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Is 2 days enough? That is how long they prescribed it for Rudy... was just wondering why it's such a short course :?:

I think it usually takes 3 days to use a tube, you give it three times a day for 3 days....I think.

Its more a supplement than a medication, a mix of probiotic and a concentrated fibre.

Ah, thanks. The vets prescribed Rudy 2 days worth of 3x a day (1ml)

Hardly seemed worth it :lol: :lol: Hope it did some good in those 2 days though :D

i always give the min does and if theres a lot left over i do it for a few days extra in buns like bif who get gi probs with stress etc....

but with the others the two day thing is fine....with the frenchies theyd like it as a treat thank you very much...:lol:

So can buns have this for longer than the prescribed course? Would it do any harm? With Rudy being so low atm I was wondering if he could have more to help him :?

That's OK, it's really good for them but I always have a problem getting it out of the tube, it always seems so flipping stiff to me

:lol: I pushed some out the other day and it went flyng past whatever I was trying to put it on and straight onto the carpet :rolleyes: Rudy licked it off the end of it last time, I will have to see if he does that again, much easier :lol:

:lol: I pushed some out the other day and it went flyng past whatever I was trying to put it on and straight onto the carpet :rolleyes: Rudy licked it off the end of it last time, I will have to see if he does that again, much easier :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:eek:h bless him!!, that sure is an easier way to do it!!

Bobbin, since his Stasis has had quite small, relatively hard poos. Is fibreplex something that might get his tum functioning better again?

Bobbin, since his Stasis has had quite small, relatively hard poos. Is fibreplex something that might get his tum functioning better again?

It is a probiotic paste with added fibre so it wont hurt to try. You can buy it online.

http://www.petvetcare.co.uk/acatalog/Small_Animals_Pets.html

However, has Bobbin had a Dental recently :? Sorry, cant keep up with everyBun :oops:
If not I'd suggest getting your Vet to check Bobbin's teeth as Dental 'issues' are the prime suspects when investigating the mystery of the too small poos!!

Maximising his hay and water consumption and lots of exercise will also help.

Janex :)

Last edited:
It is a probiotic paste with added fibre so it wont hurt to try. You can buy it online.

http://www.petvetcare.co.uk/acatalog/Small_Animals_Pets.html

However, has Bobbin had a Dental recently :? Sorry, cant keep up with everyBun :oops:
If not I'd suggest getting your Vet to check Bobbin's teeth as Dental 'issues' are the prime suspects when investigating the mystery of the too small poos!!

Maximising his hay and water consumption and lots of exercise will also help.

Janex :)

Thanks Jane :)

No he's not had a dental, his last "MOT" was in March and they checked his teeth and said no problems.

He does eat plenty of hay, although not as much as when Broome was here, I think she was quite a good influence in that department! :lol:

I will make sure he has another MOT soon - his Myxi is due end may/beginning of June so will have an overall check then too.

Back