• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit games that cost nought...

Teepee

Mama Doe
Further to my "cherry tomato in variety cereal box" that went down a storm with my 2 young buns thought it would be nice to start a thread on "things to do that amuse your buns that can be done without running to the shops" kinda thing...

Since my "cherry tomato game" I can add 2 more:

1) Get a box big enough for bun to hop into when placed on it's side. During day one leave it as such. Day two and cut a hole in another side (really, same box suddenly becomes VERY interesting again!) Day three and cut a hole in another wall (you get my drift come Day four!);)

2) Lots of you probably provide a toilet roll for playtime. For added interest hide a bit of spring green inside padded on both sides with hay...They LOVE it and will play for ages if rest of fresh veg not given at the same time.:D

Sorry if such a thread is in the archive somewhere but couldn't find one...

ADD AT WILL!

TP;)

:wave::wave: i put buns pellets into those cat balls with the bells in. Carlton chucks it everywhere trying to shake them out!

Ours will be kept amused for ages knocking things down...towers of boxes, toilet rolls with something balanced ontop, anything like that:roll::lol: Jst put it back up and woah, its a toy again!

Fae also does tricks. Its so easy to teach a bun that will pay attention to treat rewards (so most then!) and a great way to spend time together and for her to use her brain...she does "up", "lap", "down", "spin", "fetch" (run after the ball!) etc...loves it

that doesn't work for me, if it's not in front of his face, he's not interested! anything that requires more than 5 minutes of time just isn't worth the effort in his eyes. :roll: :lol:

Put some hay in a paper bag with a couple of pellets in, they go mad for it! Does make a mess though - I came home to a carpet of hay last night :lol:

Great ideas guys :)

Mine play with phone books for ages :) When we got our new phone books at work I asked for the old ones and they said no :roll: So I stayed late and went and stole loads from the recycling pile and have them all under my desk :oops: :lol: I bring one home every few weeks and its been keeping them amused :)

I hide pellets at feeding time to give them something to do, its like a little game :lol:

something i thought of the other day which i'm going to try is hanging three or four toilet roll tubes from string stuffed veg and hay. kinda a bit like our donuts on a string. well that's the theory :D

I have a new one. Cut the bottom off a milk bottle and stuff with hay and some pellets. Attach string through holes so it swings round and hang it upside down. As they pull the hay out of the top the pellets start to fall out.

I hollowed out a section of cucumber about 4 inches long, put in the pellets and then stuffed some of the cumber back in, I didnt expect my bun to eat the cumber but she did! I am now hoping that its safe for buns!!!!:?

:lol: How creative are WE then???:lol:

I'm really pleased that we have managed to pool so many suggestions - there's going to be a LOT of happy buns out there!!!

TP;)

Back