• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny strangers in carrier?UD not strangers anymore UD pics

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Need some experience please:-

Has anyone ever had two bunnies who don't know each other fight in a carrier? I'm going for Bungle & Nush intro tomorrow, but first they are going for Myxo at 9am - I was wondering whether to take the plunge and take them in same carrier????

Last edited:
No... but i'm not sure I would take the risk, esp with bungle being so big :shock:
If you do take them together make sure you have someone else in the car who could break up any tussles should they have one. :)

No... but i'm not sure I would take the risk, esp with bungle being so big :shock:
If you do take them together make sure you have someone else in the car who could break up any tussles should they have one. :)

Hmm i wasn't sure I'd take the risk either, don't have anyone close enough up at 9am !!! Will prob be safe and take 2 carriers. Funny thing is - its Nush I'm worried about not Bungle - he will just wee on her
:shock::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
yes i would def split them up if you are on your own...I would hate to think of what would happen if you were driving and they had a 'barney ' :shock:

I am no expert but I wouldn't. That is quite a confined space if they disagree and with the added stress of a vet visit thinking them MORE likely to be "jumpy" then if the case was otherwise...

I am going to say "No, don't do it" quite confidently (though, as said, I am no expert on the matter.)

GOOD LUCK!!!

TP;)

ive been told the stress of travel in a combined space (ie carrier) makes rabbits less prone to fighting....isnt that the first part to a bonding putting them in carriers and going for a drive???

ive been told the stress of travel in a combined space (ie carrier) makes rabbits less prone to fighting....isnt that the first part to a bonding putting them in carriers and going for a drive???

Thats what i heard which is why i considered it... but am chicken so will do 2 carriers!!

thats how Alvin was introduced to jubilee, and reintroduced after the fighting :roll::roll:

Lou also told me if they ever fall out (alvin and pearl that is) i should put them in the carrier...

but yup im a wuss too, ill never attempt any sort of bonding myself :oops: your probably right to use seperate carriers :lol::lol:

Yeah i've heard it can really work, but think the point about having someone to watch is very valid! I will probably be spending the afternoon stressed out with bonding so may as well give myself the morning off !! :lol::lol:

I have never had a pair fight in a carrier once enclosed.....once they went for each other before I go the lid shut but that was it.

I always start introductions in a carrier now, take them for a walk and keep them together for approx. 2 hours. They dont have room to fight and as such tend to trust each other more because they have not exhibited aggressive behaviour.

I would say go for it BUT only if you have someone with you.....you cant drive and keep an eye on them at the same time. :)

I have never had a pair fight in a carrier once enclosed.....once they went for each other before I go the lid shut but that was it.

I always start introductions in a carrier now, take them for a walk and keep them together for approx. 2 hours. They dont have room to fight and as such tend to trust each other more because they have not exhibited aggressive behaviour.

I would say go for it BUT only if you have someone with you.....you cant drive and keep an eye on them at the same time. :)

would this be the same with trying to bond 3 buns? (sorry to hijack thread!:oops:). x

i bonded rosie and honey and sooty using a carrier BUT the size difference wasn't quite so big and we were constantly moving in the car. at the vets you've have to keep walking around with the carrier to keep them on edge and bungle is a bit heavy.

i bonded rosie and honey and sooty using a carrier BUT the size difference wasn't quite so big and we were constantly moving in the car. at the vets you've have to keep walking around with the carrier to keep them on edge and bungle is a bit heavy.

I would have said that the care journey would have unnerved them enough for their time at the vets, as well as the obvious change in environment and strange smells.

Again though its not something to attempt alone. You can always take a spare carrier with you.

I took them separately, once home i put them in the bath for an hour, then moved them to the bathroom floor where they have been for the last hour or so.

We had lots of humping from Bungle and he was plucking her head - he was a very excited boy :shock: :roll: Apart from looking rather bewildered and a bit soggy round the ears Nush was fine. She tried lunging and boxing him but he just humped her some more and she stopped :p

Bungle is going from humping to slobbing (typical man :lol::lol:) meanwhile I have given Nush a bolt hole (small carrier) to hide in when she gets fed up of the humping.

All in all its not going to badly so far :D

be careful as the stress isnt ideal post vaccination..

i put mine in one carrier i always have..theyd rather go with the enemy than alone! but if youre alone get someone to go with.

willows due another booster might see if shes so grumpy due to something im missing..or if its still spring fever or im the meanie who medicates and bathes wounds....im sooooo mean:lol:

Thanks, I'm watching them at the moment but think I may go and clean out the conservatory so I can move them back in there together. Think Nush needs some more places to hide... poor Bungle is in love and coming on a bit too strong :rolleyes:

They are both being very vocal, Bungle buzzing and Nushka snorting and chirping....but no real sign of physical agression, Nush occasionaly goes for a lunge or nip but he ignores her.

Awww just seen this! I'm in Sutton Coldfield as well and was up at 6.30am! I'd have come with you :D

Glad to see they are getting along :D

Sounds good so far!! :D

And in response to your question I've only ever had two buns fight in a carrier in the car and that was instigated by Mopsey! :rolleyes:

Back