• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much should a bunny drink?

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
How much on average should a bunny drink a day? Bailey is a medium lionhead and Marsha is a small minilop?

x

Our 5 who are all small get through nearly a giant size bottle a day. That's not much help is it sorry.

lol, our two have a large bunny bottle each, bailey drinks roughly a third a day, whereas marsha (whos outside) drinks less.

x

i read that indoor rabbits drink more, i can't remember why though. i think it's something to do with central heating. Carlton is a mini lop and drinks between 100 and 200ml.

If I remember rightly which I probably don't as I don't have by book by Frances Harcourt-Brown with me they usually drink between 100ml - 150ml a day I think ,indoor buns can be more due to the heating!

If I remember rightly which I probably don't as I don't have by book by Frances Harcourt-Brown with me they usually drink between 100ml - 150ml a day I think ,indoor buns can be more due to the heating!

i had Carlton get through 400ml in a day once when he was small :oops: he pretty much flooded the litter tray! :lol: i started to be a bit more considerate when it came to putting the central heating on! :lol:

i had Carlton get through 400ml in a day once when he was small :oops: he pretty much flooded the litter tray! :lol: i started to be a bit more considerate when it came to putting the central heating on! :lol:

We have that problem when Bunnie's been on Avipro, she loves the stuff and drinks tonnes and we have to change her litter tray 4 times a day rather then the once a day!

Average water consumption is 50-100ml/kg/24 hours :)
Buns who have lots of fresh veg in teir diet tend to drink less as they get some water from the veg :)

Janex

Back