• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

jane28

Alpha Buck
This post has probably been done before but i want to insure Beetlejuice before she goes into the vets for her operation on her suspected hernia (the vet has not "technically" said there is anything that warrants treatment yet but she wants to have a look) but i am wondering what is a good insurance company to go for? Petplan are charging £7.95 a month with an excess of £45 but i want to get a comparison and which one people are happy with...:D

Hi!

I didn't have much luck finding a lot of insurance companies that would insure bunnies and some seemed to have a lot of exclusions. Their lifelong cover policies only had a set fee that you could go up to regardless whether the vet bills went over and didn't renew the amount each year as PetPlan do.

Pet plan don't cover dental treatments but I don't think any others do too...BUT they did just give me 400 for a bunny that I had only had covered with them for two weeks....I haven't even paid a payment yet as the first two months are free! :wave:

I am with PetPlan but haven't had to use them much. They paid for Pippa's kidney treatment before she died no problem and some meds for Dillons ages ago but that is all I've had to claim.

Lian x

Back