• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies are going nuts!

thistle

Mama Doe
I'm looking after my little cousins unneutered female lionhead rabbit for a week. I have her in the spare room with a puppy gate over the door so that she can't escape (I hate to see buns in cages so I open her cage first thing in the morning and close it last thing at night so she has the run of the room) but it allows her to see out so she doesn't get lonely.

Both my buns, Edgar my neutered english lop and Jerry my neutered female dwarf lop, have the run of the house 24/7. Jerry couldn't care less about her, but Edgar discovered Annabel last night and is driving me insane, though to be fair she is just as bad trying to get to him! They sit for ages nose to nose through the bars, inbetween him taking mad runs around the house, her around the room and both of them peeing and pooing everywhere. :roll:

I watch her 2 or 3 times every year and it's always the same, he goes nuts for the first day and then loses interest (well he doesn't have the hormones any more to want to keep up that amount of energy for long :lol:) while she stares longingly through the bars hoping that he will come back again........ :(

I do feel sorry for her though, she would love a friend, but I have been telling my aunt and uncle that for years and they are just not interested. They don't even see the point of getting her neutered even though i've told them about the health benefits.:roll: Don't get me wrong, she is probably better looked after than most bunnies, but she is in her 100cm cage most of the time apart from the hour or so of freedom she gets a couple of times a week (at the most).

Oooooh, how sad. Unrequited bunny-love.:cry:
You can only do your best informing people. Whether they choose to take your advice is sadly not always what you might wish.
I'm sure she is enjoying her holiday with you. :)

Back