• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor rabbits!

Mickles

New Kit
So I'll keep my question simply this time, in hope of an answer!

Is it necessary to have a cage for an indoor rabbit (if room is properly bunny-proofed?)
How can I tempt my Henry to sleep in a box/nest if he won't sleep in the cage?
Is there a limit to how long I should let Henry out? ppl at home let him out when I'm not home (possibly all day). When I come home I let him out as long as I'm awake and indoors.
Henry's a serial licker: I know they say it's affection but is it possible that he has psychological (longings?) or deficiency? He licks our feet, clothes - everything... all the time!

Not necessary to have a cage.

No limit to how long he can be out.

Mine are free range all the time with no cage, not even beds, they don't want them. They are litter trained.
- Mine sleep under the dining table or under our bed most of the time. I got them posh beds and they ignore them.

In an ideal situation he would need a friend, especially if you are out a lot, my bunny Nigel has improved 100% since I got Gladys for company.
Licking and grooming is a sign of affection though. I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Bunnie has a 42" dog crate in front room just so she's got a place of her own she can go to :D

P3021134.jpg

Back