• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

honking bunnies

pokadotbunny

Young Bun
We have noticed that recently, Nala has started honking when she runs but also t dinner time. Just now she circled my O/H honking. Is this normal? Do you think it is possible an attention seeking behaviour?

I think she fanices your O/H. :lol:
It's a case of 'be mine?'... Very flattering!

It's weird, I was just looking this up on Google due to my male bunnies behaviour to a cat carrier that smells of my other pair... He honks before he goes in it.

Is Nala neutered? It sounds like she is vying for attention. Especially if she is honking at your O/H!!!
Spring fever perhaps, it seems like everyone's buns are behaving 'normally for this time of year' :lol:

She is a bit of a tart when it comes to O/H, she is always after his attention. I wondered if it was attention seeking. She is veeeeeery aloof, if she wants fussing she will let you know and if she doesn't she will make sure you can't. Maybe it is her way of saying "Ok, fuss me and fuss me NOW!"

She is spayed and has been for about 6 months which is why i assumed that wasn't it.

Our girlie Hoops has always honked when she's excited :lol: Recently she seems to have taught Beemer and Ant too!! :lol: x

I feel quite relieved. I didn't think there was anything wrong because she is quite full of energy but it is nice to know she is relatively normal!

Bunnyhopper - when you asked about whether she had been spayed I thought you were wondering because she might be a bit randy! :oops: :lol: O/H thought it was so funny that she was making such a noise. I think he feels special now. :lol::lol:

I feel quite relieved. I didn't think there was anything wrong because she is quite full of energy but it is nice to know she is relatively normal!

Bunnyhopper - when you asked about whether she had been spayed I thought you were wondering because she might be a bit randy! :oops: :lol: O/H thought it was so funny that she was making such a noise. I think he feels special now. :lol::lol:

LOL! Un-neutered buns are even worse. O/H should be honoured to be singled out for such attention. Next thing you know Lola will be shoving you out of the way in order to get the cuddles etc....

I can tell you she isn't far off! She runs away from me and over to him for a fuss. If I lie down next to her, up she gets to lie down somewhere else. O/H lies next to her and she flattens herself out for a good fuss. Little :censored:

Whats the difference between a honk and a buzz? Nigel only ever made this sort of low repetitive grunting noise before he was done, and he sometimes does it when he's playing with the cat. I couldn't say whether that was a honk or a buzz, or something else?

Whats the difference between a honk and a buzz? Nigel only ever made this sort of low repetitive grunting noise before he was done, and he sometimes does it when he's playing with the cat. I couldn't say whether that was a honk or a buzz, or something else?

Hmmm, it is hard to explain. Nala is slightly buzzy but a bit deeper. It almost sounds like it is coming from deep in her throat! Weird, weird explanation

Hmmm, it is hard to explain. Nala is slightly buzzy but a bit deeper. It almost sounds like it is coming from deep in her throat! Weird, weird explanation

Yeah, I kind of know. If I imitate it, I do it in my throat. I wish there was a sound clip to compare it to.

Back