• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica's been spayed.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well, after losing Bertha to uterine cancer, we decided to spay the rest of our girls and Jessica was first.
She is a 5 year old angora and she was done on Monday, I was told by the vet she was too fat, which I knew, and have been trying to get her to lose weight, but she's been much less active since she lost her friend.
Anyway, by Tuesday she hadn't eaten, so I phoned the vet and he gave me baytril, metacam and metochloprimide to inject. I had 2 daily injects of the baytril and metacam and 5 injects of metochlpromide to be given a 8 hourly intervals, also she was on fibreplex. Yesterday I got her to eat some grass and dandelion and finally today she is bright and pooping all over the place.
I'm scared to groom her while she is recovering, so god knows the state she'll be in when I feel sure she won't be sore with being done. Its been a long week.
I don't know how I'm going to cope when the other 4 get done, I'm going to do one a month to try and spread the stress, and I'll have to get Treacle on a major diet, she came to us starved and has eaten like a horse ever since.:lol:

Oh blimey you are in for a stressy few months :shock:

I am so glad that Jessica is now recovering from her op'. I hope all goes well for the others too

Janex :)

Well, after losing Bertha to uterine cancer, we decided to spay the rest of our girls and Jessica was first.
She is a 5 year old angora and she was done on Monday, I was told by the vet she was too fat, which I knew, and have been trying to get her to lose weight, but she's been much less active since she lost her friend.
Anyway, by Tuesday she hadn't eaten, so I phoned the vet and he gave me baytril, metacam and metochloprimide to inject. I had 2 daily injects of the baytril and metacam and 5 injects of metochlpromide to be given a 8 hourly intervals, also she was on fibreplex. Yesterday I got her to eat some grass and dandelion and finally today she is bright and pooping all over the place.
I'm scared to groom her while she is recovering, so god knows the state she'll be in when I feel sure she won't be sore with being done. Its been a long week.
I don't know how I'm going to cope when the other 4 get done, I'm going to do one a month to try and spread the stress, and I'll have to get Treacle on a major diet, she came to us starved and has eaten like a horse ever since.:lol:

I recently had my french lop - lopsy done! It was really stressful! I never want to go through it again lol! Lopsy was off it for a few days, then i woke up to a cage full of poooo i was soooooooo happpy lol! She still isnt v.happy with me as a week after she had her jabs lol! Not a happy bunny, but shes coming round.

Im glad Jessica is okay, i think its the first few days!:wave::D

Unfortunately, I eat when I'm stressed so I'll also be on a diet by the time all the girls have been done.:shock:

Back