• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits eating Veg

coco1200

Warren Veteran
How often shoud buns eat greens?
i give mine cabbage, carrot tops and coriander nearly every day.

and can grass be eaten as a subsitute to hay?
niether or them seem to be eating it in large quantities :?

just had a huge argument with my dad saying that i fuss over the rabbits too much. and then he threatend that he'll get rid of them :shock:

I give my buns veg everyday.

not sure about the grass/hay question but if they genuinely wont touch hay, grass is better than nothing. have you tried reducing their other food to encourage hay eating?

ok i feed them (to share):

a leaf of savoy cabbage, 3 carrot tops (the leafs), around 5 sprigs of coriander and a huge handful of grass while they are indoors.

clutterydrawer:
yea i have. didnt really work.
ive bonded them early (when i know i shouldnt have :oops: - getting along perfectly and no humping!!) so they are now sleeping with each other, so they share a food bowl, and i end up putting extra in their becuase Oscar is a greedy :censored:!

Do you feed them any sort of pellet food? Bunnies should have a permanent supply of hay to nibble all day, to keep their teeth in order. This will help prevent dental problems later. A few veggies, and a few pellets per day are also nice. Pellets you can feed to bunnies by hand once they get used to it, and you can then selectively make sure a greedy bun doesn't get more than his fair share!

i feed them supa rabbit excel

and they ALWAYS have hay to eat.

i give them around 3 handfuls of food every day.
considering they are 'giants' - (not looking that way :lol:)

Back