• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sleeping area

Mickles

New Kit
Hey guys.

I have the problem that my buns doesn't seem to want to sleep or be in his case unless it's to get his water and sometimes chew on hay. Initially he would sleep in his cage, in a little next box I constructed for him. He never had a problem with his cage till I let him roam about more often- now when I try to close the cage door he runs to it to be let out- he just doesn't wanna be in there any more! It's big enough for him to binky-around, if he so wished, so space is no problem. I don't know where he sleeps at night (if I leave the cage door open- my room's bunny-proofed) but I sometimes find him huddled in corners. I try and leave boxes of snuffly stuff and hay for him to sleep in outside his cage but he doesn't go for them. I know that other than this peculiarity he is a healthy,playful, affectionate bunny- he has no problem with people and he snuggles with me often. So, obviously my bun needs a home of his own (other than my room) - do I need to get him a new house, restrict his time outside of the cage or stop snuggling with him so often?

as long as hes safe can he not just run arround your room and sleep where hes comffy

Last edited:
Surely he's ok to just stay out of the cage and choose where he sleeps if your room is bunny proofed? When mine were house buns they liked to sleep in a couple of places; under the bed or in front of my desk :)

if he likes being out then leave him free run of your room my bunnie like this so it worked bst for us having a dog crate for them an we just keep their door open and let them come and go as they please

lisa

Back