• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baby rabbit needs foster mother ASAP South Wales HELP??

neeshkabeesh

Warren Scout
Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know of a rabbit doe who has just given birth within th elast week or so ? I have a 6 day old kit that needs a surrogate mum as his own mums milk has dried up and he is refusing to take goats milk. This is very urgent now as he will die soon !!!!!!!

We are in South Wales, but can travel to Gloucestershire, Bristol areas. Please PM or email Inararubi@aol.com or phone on 01291421117 or mob 07805640794. I am at work untill 6.00pm, so will not be able to return calls untill then. Many thanks
On behalf of the member flavrat66 on www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community

Can anyone help?? Please email/telephone.

has anyone tried ringing alice at carrot topps rescue in case she has some in?(previously ajs rescue)?
i know a breeder in gloucester whos son is a vet i wonder if she has any at the moment? she is a reputable breeder in glos.i dont have her number but i could possibly get it off the vet in glos if i rang tommorrow?> would this help? dont know if they would be able to help tho either.

Luciuslop is the person on this forum who is near the Severn Bridge who posted yesterday about problems she was having feeding a baby whose mothers milk has dried up.

I have rung Alice and unfortunately she does not have or know of any nursing mums.

Took Crystle and baby to vet this morning.She had oxytocin injection as vet thought there was still milk in her mammary glands, so hoping to stimulate it. Baby had sub cut fluids to help combat dehydration. Injection has only been partially successful as I managed to get a few beads of milk out when I squeezed her nipples but baby cannot get any out when he sucks. He gets frustrated and sucks really hard and then she gets annoyed as it must be uncomfortable - her nipples are very red afterwards :shock: I tried again with the goats milk and got about 0.2mls into him. Am just going to try again with mum and the goats milk if needed.

He is almost a week old and looks like a baby bunny with tiny flappy ears and a big button nose. Its very hard ..... he's come this far against so many odds. Please send lots and lots of positive vibes for him/her.

I have rung Alice and unfortunately she does not have or know of any nursing mums.

Took Crystle and baby to vet this morning.She had oxytocin injection as vet thought there was still milk in her mammary glands, so hoping to stimulate it. Baby had sub cut fluids to help combat dehydration. Injection has only been partially successful as I managed to get a few beads of milk out when I squeezed her nipples but baby cannot get any out when he sucks. He gets frustrated and sucks really hard and then she gets annoyed as it must be uncomfortable - her nipples are very red afterwards :shock: I tried again with the goats milk and got about 0.2mls into him. Am just going to try again with mum and the goats milk if needed.

He is almost a week old and looks like a baby bunny with tiny flappy ears and a big button nose. Its very hard ..... he's come this far against so many odds. Please send lots and lots of positive vibes for him/her.

doin a great job i hope that my vet can help you out good luck xx

Thanks so much again Katie for the phone number. Just put baby on mum again - still no milk and he wore himself out sucking and fell asleep on her belly. it woul dhave been very cute if it wasn't for the fact she didn't want him there. Have managed to get about 1mls of goats milk into him before he fell asleep in my hands.:love::love:

Back