• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

with what do you tempt your post-op buns?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I was just wondering what you all use to tempt a post-GA bun to eat again. what are the things they can't resist even when everything else is unappetising to them?

I want to get stocks in :lol:

Last edited:
Yes. Dandelion leaves were the only things that tempted mine to eat post spay/neuter.

Bananna worked for my little one!
She wouldnt eat a thing, i was so worried, then i tried her with bananna and she loved it :D

Another vote for dandelion leaves! When Frankie had bloat he wouldn't eat any of the delicious veggies and herbs I tried to tempt him with, but perked up immediately when I presented him with a handful of weeds :lol: :rolleyes:

Dandelion!!! I was in the garden picking them at 4.30am the night after Alice was spayed, she wasn't eating or pooing but the dandelion eventually persuaded her. Once she ate that I then used a little fruit (raisins especially as she loves them so much).

Must admit I was rather new to it all at the time and Flopsy was well happy with a night indoors and his normal veg - spring greens and his pellets.

He was back to his normal self within a day - I/he didn't know any different.:oops:

dandielion leaves!theyre free aswell.. hehe! also i find cucumber has tempted simba even though hes v unwell... and its like 70% water aswell so hydrating!

Dandelion!!! I was in the garden picking them at 4.30am the night after Alice was spayed, she wasn't eating or pooing but the dandelion eventually persuaded her. Once she ate that I then used a little fruit (raisins especially as she loves them so much).

can they have raisins??? i didnt know that lol chinchillas love raisins!

carrot leaves, spinach, dry mango, dry apricot, dry pineapple, raisin, sunflower seed, dry banana chip

They really work, guarantee :D

You want to make sure there is pellet and hay next to the above

dandelion leaves - even Hugo, poorly as he apparently was, ate a few - I have a very messy garden and it's almost a dandelion patch fortunately - I have to pick about 100 leaves for the buns and piggies have just a few each :shock: It was all Maa would eat at the end too - luckily it was spring so there were plenty around :)

I do offer Alice raisins or grapes but very very infrequently, they are really high in sugar so I only offer them as a special treat.

Back