• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

we all owe a debt to henridoodle

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I would just like to say that the fact that henridoodle bravely posted her sad news probably means that many many rabbits will now be a lot safer as all of us on this forum spend time considering and reconsidering how we can make our buns just that bit safer.
The threads that have been sparked by her (?) original thread have contained some really good tips as well as making some people newly aware of this real danger. I already had fully meshed walk-in, aviary style 'runs' also meshed at base under the grass, with very very solid hutches inside, sonic fox deterrants and fox level electric pulse fencing. But even I have found something to add (electric fencing on top of the runs and carpet gripper on the tops - thanks for that excellent idea!!).
I have also ordered a new aviary style run to replace a hutch/run combo that was getting a bit old but that I had casually started to use during the day for a housebun couple. . . henridoodles post was a timely reminder to everyone and we should all be very grateful.
They did not die in vain.

Back