• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone keep guinea pigs?

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
We have a male (so i have been told) guinea pig apparently 9 weeks old here at the moment,it was the last one left at a fete we went to today.they had a tent with breeders selling off stock and this lady had guinea pigs,we saw them and declined to buy one but as we were leaving and the stall was closing we saw this little guy left.The lady said she would "dispose" of him when she got home so we offered to take him for free and she gave him to us.We cannot keep him as we have many bunnies to care for and dont know the first thing about piggies! so does anyone need a mate for theirs???

Poor wee soul.Can't believe some people.I would've had a few choice works to say.I didn't think it was allowed to sell animals at fetes.I'm too far away,hopefully someone will be near to you.Just make sure he has water,give him hay to eat and if you have some fruit or veg wee drop of that.He is going to totally feel lost the now so maybe put a cuddly toy in with him and just give him attention.WHERE DO YOU LIVE by the way?

Oh I'm not getting on at you by the way,talking about the numpty selling her wee pigs.It was great that you rescued this wee one.

Oh my goodness - I hate to think what would have happened to this little guy or girl if you hadn't taken him.

Fingers crossed, someone is on who can take him.

Have you tried The Guinea Pig Forum aswell as there may be someone on there who can help.

Mind you, someone has recently had 36 piggies dumped on their doorstep and they are being moved around forum members, but fingers crossed.

How long can you manage with him for, have you got anything to feed him?

Hey Youngbunny 2 sorry just saw you were from Hampshire.Hope you get a home for the wee fellow.Let us know.

I didn't know anything when I rescued my 14 soon became 21 when 2 gave birth :shock: so they got what my rabbits have - megazorb, but on several sheets of newspaper, some veggies every day, lots of hay, which they really love diving into and eating, water in a bottle, and I bought wagg guinea pig crunch as it was available from wilkinsons and sainsburys etc. - they are easily pleased but need their nails cutting monthly as they get a bit sharp otherwise :)

I have 2male guineas at the moment of about 14 weeks old. Where abouts in Hampshire do you live. I dnt think i can take on any more animals unfortunalety but i would be interested on where exactly you got the little chap

thanks for letting us know Youngbunny.You saved him from an obviously horrible person and situation.Hopefully the rspca will get him a nice new home.ll the best.

Back