• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit and cats

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
My cats and rabbits get along great, in fact both Charlie and Lola (before he died) use to chase them around and bully the cats. Even now Charlie is on his own he is still running after the cats, yesterday afternoon (before the heavens opened) he was in our little enclosed garden when Tabby was 'stalking' him, as she ran he just around as if to say 'ye funny saw you a mile off'.

I use to worry all the time about the cats with the rabbits as Scooby had brought home rabbits (wild) before but not now, I trust them.

Just looked in photobucket and found this pic

HPIM0825.jpg

Excuse the dirty sofa white isn't a good idea :oops: not with kids and animals, good job it was given to us. I'm not sure how that pic will come across but its not as bad as it looks! The rabbit is Lola, Charlie's brother.

Awwwww, all mine are ok together too and like yours, if anything, the cats are more timid of the bunnies!

This is Dillon with Kia when she was a kitten (she wasn't too sure of him then :lol:)
Kia3-1.jpg

Kia in the background, now all grown up :lol:
Dil3.jpg

The cat i rescued years ago that my folks kept is great too with the rabbits and guinea pigs,dogs too.I think if they have good natures and realise that they are not a threat to each other things are fine.Some will get on and some won't,need to play it by ear is all you can do.My dog loves all my animals and if a hamster or rat goes awol she helps find them haha and they come out for her usually,it's quite funny.She helps me round them all up in time for bed.I suppose it's like everything else you always get an exception to the rule with everything.:wave:

Norielian can I just say that your rabbit and cat look similar on the faces in the last picture haha.Seriously they have the same expression or am i losing it?:lol:

Back