• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can a rabbit go to POLAND?

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just had an enquiry from someone wanting a bun ...with the view to taking it back to Poland when the person returns home :shock:

Asked if this was feasable and if bun would need a pssport ...

HELP...I havent a clue :roll: :? :roll: :?

i dont think they need to have a pass port to go out, just to come back, (thats how it was anyway)
When I took my dutch to Germany we had to get special papers sorted, but the vets told us what to do.

Your vet will know Angie x

You would need to contact the equivelent of DEFRA in their country to find out.

ARC have recently been trying to send Tinker and Bella out to Sri Lanka and we fell on the last hurdle. The Sri Lankan authrities wanted blood tests done for Tularaemia and needed certain mite / tick treatments on set days before they went into quarantine.

These rabbits needed bloods taken for exposure to VHD .... we also had the issue that they had been vaccinated for this, which also presented a problem.

We could not locate any laboratory in the UK which tested for tularaemia even through DEFRA therefor thee rabbits are now looking for a home in the UK now.

I guess you need to ask yourself if you would be happy with the rabbit making that journey too.

How far in the future is this likely to be? Would the rabbit in question find a home easily anyway?

im not sure how i feel about it to be honest ..
the journey worries me ...and i wonder if there are bunny vets in Poland ...

would just like as much info to pass on as possible :?

We are looking after 2 rabbits for a Polish couple at the moment until they go back home and they will be taking the buns back with them.

I have refused sales and adoptions on similar grounds. As far as the adoptions go, we ask if circumstances change that the animal (rabbit in this case) comes back to us. If the rabbit is in Poland, it's not going to happen.

I'm sure the people are lovely, in my case they were, but I made the decision to say no.

my dads gf is polish and they kill their own food tbh id be a bit weary :?

My friends husband and family are Polish and don't kill their own food. All people are different and have different beliefs and actions irrespective of nationality, so I don't think this point should have a bearing on anything.

Last edited:
my dads gf is polish and they kill their own food tbh id be a bit weary :?

I know loads of polish people because my sister used to work in a polish cafe and as far as I know none of them kill their own food, and three of them are veggies :) People in england kill their own food too ;)

I would be worried about the journey :? And like someone else said the problem with the bun not being returned to you should they need to rehome once they are back in poland x

Back