• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone else think this? :-)

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
That puppies and kittens etc grow up (and we love them to bits still!) but bunnies seem to forever look like that baby-animal phase? Like they are made for cuteness:rolleyes:

I was just thinking this the other day whilst watching Joey binky around the room...i remember him as a baby
100_2263-1.jpg

But now hes just a bigger, softer, slightly darker version:lol:
100_3834-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've never had a kitten so I wouldn't really be able to tell (we've had a few family cat but always got them as cats - appearance didn't really change much)

To be honest I always think and see an animals the same as when I got it, I guess they change slowly so you don't notice! I think Barley looks the same as when I got him... until I get the photos out :shock: He was cute and innocent then... now he looks grumpy!!! :lol:

Hannah

its cos they are so dependent i think

cats: you dont feed them - they hunt for prey
dogs - you dont feed them, they get a bit hungry
rabbits - you dont feed them, they drop dead

etc etc

i thinkthats why a lot of people feel such love for their rabbits - they are a bit like human babies.

they are very cute too though :love:

I think it is because of their ears,then again it might be their twitching nose:roll:I sit and watch their nose for ages:oops:

Everyone asks if Squidgy, Salt and Pepper are babies, as they're nethies!
Squidgy's 6:shock: and S&P are coming up for 4.
But they are eternally cute, these bunnies.

i think Alvin has changed hes lost all his baby looks now and im so pleased.. i much prefer older animals i spend the whole baby time wishing they would grow up so i can see what gorgeous adults they make :oops:

this is what we always say to people..plus bunnies tend to be a bit like 18 month old puppies who never grow up!

ive had 3 buns from baaby stage..my first doe who was lovely but after much dental probs associated ear and eye probs she was amess and very scary looking:( but i loved her still.
woozle was the youngest bun id ever had...he was about 7 weeks old....and he was beautiful gangly and cute but turned into the most stunning bunny with the most amazing soft shiny coat. his face only got bigger he never seemed to change or grow into his ears.
oscar was 8 months old but he did carry on growing adorable all the time.
then we had willow..a 3 month old frenchie..a pointy normal bunny face.the longest ears and about the size of a largish dwarf lop.
Now shes got a huge teddy bear face..shes so massive she fills the armchair..shes 14 lb inw eight th height of my grandaughter and more...looking at her pics youd never think it was the same bunny!:shock:

Bif is a beautiful now as she was when i got her aged 18 months.....she looks like a very young bunny still......as does bandit.......also 18 months when i adopeted him..and bertie too but being aa rew frnehcie he looks like a typical shaggy dog..pmsl cos thats what he htinks he is...:lol::lol:

i think its because our brains are wired to prefer anamorphic features ie :lol:eek:ft face big eyes...the "baby face" qualities which fit buns perfectly even more so lops.

Back