• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving House

ntuckey

New Kit
Hi everyone, I've had my bunny Harley for 3 years and recently moved home from a house where he lived in his own shed with the run of the garden. Now he is in a flat, and a house bunny. He seems happy and am having partial success in litter traying for his wees, but he litters poos everywhere. Also he has started running in circles around us and spraying bright orange stuff! He testicles are also really swollen.
Do you think this is phase of being horny (he continuously makes a buzzing noise and tries to mate with everything!) or do you think it could be the moving of house?
I've never wanted to neuter him as he isn't at all agressive but really soppy.
Any advice?
Thanks

the joys of spraying, i remeber when i went to say hi to one of my previous bucks and got a faceful nice!

litter training bucks with bits and bobs is difficult, if you confine him to a smaller area he might start using one coner to poo, place the litter tray here, but a fully functioning boy will also use poo to also mark his territory so you might jsut have to resort to snipping

We didn't get Squidgy netuered until he was 5. He started to buzz and spray (really not pleasant!), so we had him done. Absolutely no problems afterwards, and perfectly litter trained now.

You would be better getting him neutered.He is also going to spray and scent his new territory!Just remember to rabbit proof cables etc.Watch out if you have plants they could be poisonous and he'll squeeze into any space possible so block up hidey holes.:wave:

yeah one of our rabbits seems to spray every time someone goes near his hutch lol its funny when im watching as they go "hello *spray* ewwwwwww"

i 2nd the above post

Back