• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective-Old batches

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Hello Friends,

I'm trying to get hold of the old batch of Science Selective-best before 2008.

I have just come to the end of my last bag dated best before October 2008.

Harvey my dental boy won't eat any of the best before 2009 batches.They are denser and a different consistency.

Are pellets dated best before December 2008 the same as the best before October 2008 batch?

Does anybody know when the pellets changed? The 2009 batches are lighter in colour, smoother and denser.

Any help is mcuh appreciated.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Can't help except to say..if he won't eat the new Ss try to by some Wagg Optimum pellets..in a dark green bag and Asda and Sainburys sell them..
I've found the dental buns or those feeling off colour after an op love these.
They are smaller and fibre content quite good...17 %...no probiotic in but you can always add that to his water..
hope it helps :D

Slightly off topic, but I i bought the Wagg hay from Asda to try - buns love it ! i wasn't going to admit it as I thought it must be rubbish as from Asda :oops::oops::oops:

Slightly off topic, but I i bought the Wagg hay from Asda to try - buns love it ! i wasn't going to admit it as I thought it must be rubbish as from Asda :oops::oops::oops:

We were given some Wagg hay and like yours the buns loved it..too expensive to buy it that way though

again we had some Wagg optimum donated and I was more impressed with it than i expected to be:D

Morning Jill:wave:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I've tried him on that but will buy some again just in case :D.

It's such a shame that the Science Selective differs so much. He loves the old batches..I have to break the pellets up for him but that's fine. He just won't eat the new batches dated 2009. Last time I bought some 2008 batches I bought quite a few in just in case it changed again but have come to the end of the bag.

The bag I have just finished is dated best before Oct 2008 but am wondering if the batches marked best before Dec 2008 are the same as the October batch.

Anybody know?

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I didn't realise it had changed till I opened the bag this morning :roll:(I only bought it on Mon) It didn't look as nice to me:lol:
My two scoffed it down no problem, but surely they should have a flash on the packet to let you knowthat it is different as it is really a change in diet

it seems to have changed about every time I open a new bag :roll: I opened a new one last night dated use by June 09, and the pellets are all small again, like they used to be :?

good to know the wagg stuff's worth buying though - I can get it online with my regular shopping and save postage :D

Back