• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£20 for three nights boarding

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
does this seem reasonable for two buns?

i only asked as my usual boarder has changed her policy from charging £5 per night to £5 per day :? and classes a 3 night stay as four days

Seems reasonable to me, I guess people need to make a living or it's not worth them doing it.

does this seem reasonable for two buns?

i only asked as my usual boarder has changed her policy from charging £5 per night to £5 per day :? and classes a 3 night stay as four days

In our area the rate is normally about £6.00 for one bun, £8.00 for two, and £10 for three/four.

I charge the above.

Think I should put my prices up;):? I only charge £25 per week for 2 buns and that includes the make of food the buns are on and veg and their insurance.

i charge daily instead of nights too, because then it gives people the flexability to drop off and collect when they like...because they have paid for the whole day...if that makes sense.

I don't think it's bad - I have a live in petsitter. I pay her £150 per week, whixh works out as £10 per bun, so that's pretty good really.

Sounds ok to me, too. The lady that will board my bunnies in August asks 7.00 Pounds per day per hutch. The Doe Drop Inn costs a bit more than that, but it's like a 5-star hotel. Our local petsitters ask 15 Pounds per day, if they have to come to the house twice a day.

Sounds reasonable to me, but it depends on her set up and what's included.

I charge £4.50 per day or £30 per week for two buns, which includes everything apart from dried food.

lol i only charge £2.00 aday and when its three or more they get a 10% discount. thats for the large 6Ft happy hutch with a attacted 6ft run and wouldnt put them in anything smaller includes hay, straw daily veggies and bedding and they have a run of the garden every 3rd day. i think its more my hobbie boarding bunnies than a job get to cuddle up with lots of bunnies hehe

I am going to look at a boarding place this weekend for my two. A weeks boarding and have been quoted £40 for 2. Even if I have to cart a weeks worth of hay, food, litter and toys etc I don't mind for that price.:D

thanks for your replies and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

i guess its just annoyed me a little because they won't be there for four days - we'll drop them off in the evening as its en route for our weekend away, so its only 3 days and an evening :roll:

maybe i'm just being petty over £5

we charge £3 per day, for 2 sharing , we limit bunny nimbers so all can be out in a run for at least most of the day . we feed fresh veg daily ,clean hutches groom,give new toys daily and cuddles are most definetly free

thanks for your replies and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

i guess its just annoyed me a little because they won't be there for four days - we'll drop them off in the evening as its en route for our weekend away, so its only 3 days and an evening :roll:

maybe i'm just being petty over £5

We would charge you for the start and finish day purely because we would not book anything else in the hutch for that day. If a rabbit left the hutch at 6pm and you wanted to drop off at 8pm it doesn;t give enough time to properly. clean out, disinfect dry out and make up a new hutch for your bun, so if we did not charge would be a days boarding fee lost, yet we would still need to check on your bun during the course of the evening once it had arrived and as we clean out every day it will have used a days bedding, hay etc. It would be the same when you go home, nothing else is booked in that hutch until the following day.
Maybe you boarder is the same, but hope it makes sense as to why you may be being charged.

Hi,

I think she is charging a minimum charge really, mine is £20.00 as by the time you make it up and then clean it all out and if done properly will take a fare bit of time and money it would leave you earning very little.

You have to allow for some bunnies chewing your hutches to pieces as well and the cost of repairs after:lol::lol::lol:

I had a new hutch which cost me £250 and the first bunnies I put in and I did
ask if they chewed :roll::roll: the answer was no!!! Shredded it:lol::lol:
The owner thought it was quite funny and said Oh I didn't realise you meant the hutch!:roll::roll:

Maurreen

thanks for the posts guys and yes that does make sense :D. i think its just the fact that the pricing structure has changed unexpectedly it kinda surprised me

leicester sitter

does anyone know where we can use in leicester for 2 rabbits

do you take them in their hutches or are they homed in a hutch there??

or does anyone know someone who comes and feeds them at your home??

a friend usually does it for us but they are moving and would like a recommendation - would rather not go away then leave them with anyone

thanks

Back