• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thanks for all the House bunny pics

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Hiya :wave:

Most of you probably know that we volunteer for our local RSPCA who are very good with rabbits. Well, they are holding a rabbit welfare week as part of the pet re-homing week in June and have asked if we want to be involved. Naturally we said yes.! :roll::lol::lol:

We asked if they were going to promote House Rabbits and the answer is yes! Trouble is they don't have any literature on this so could you all please submit tips for anyone thinking about a house rabbit, photos of indoor set ups, books that have been helpful etc.

It would also be nice to have pictures of you interacting with your rabbits. Stories about games you play with your rabbits, lets encourage people to improve their bunnies lives. :D

By submitting to this thread you are agreeing for us to quote you and use your hints/tips/advice in a leaflet that will be distributed by Blackpool RSPCA. If we include you in the leaflet you will get to see it and agree to it before we print it. :D

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Neil and Maria x

Just to recap we need
1 photos of indoor set ups
2 photos of indoor bunnies with toys/distractions
3 photos of damage caused by indoor bunnies

4 tips for bunnyproofing
5 tips for litter training

6 short stories about living with a house bun
7 books that you have found helpful
8 anything else you think we might be able to use!!

Last edited:
sounds fab.

cadbury and minstrel would love to take part, however they are only occasional, albeit very good, house rabbits.

i remember someone posting a pic a while back showing what their bun had done when he got under the computer..... might be useful to include something like that to prepare people for the more destructive side of buns :D

Would you like Snowy (a former rescue bunny from Blackpool) to write a short article on being a house bunny,

We called in at Blackpool with a picture of him at Christmas that we printed off. But I think it would be nice to show one of Blackpool's bunnies is now a house bunny.

Would you like Snowy (a former rescue bunny from Blackpool) to write a short article on being a house bunny,

We called in at Blackpool with a picture of him at Christmas that we printed off. But I think it would be nice to show one of Blackpool's bunnies is now a house bunny.

Hiya :wave: Great to hear from you again! and yes please - will pm you!

Maria x

sounds fab.

cadbury and minstrel would love to take part, however they are only occasional, albeit very good, house rabbits.

i remember someone posting a pic a while back showing what their bun had done when he got under the computer..... might be useful to include something like that to prepare people for the more destructive side of buns :D

Thanks!

If you have any indoor piccies can you post them please? :D

Maria x

Have you spoken to RSPCARabbits? They're big promoters of house rabbits and may have some info you can use. I'm sure they won't mind you PMing them for info. I think their website is pretty good too.

I've just collected our tips and photo's into a web site. You're free to use stuff from there if you like. (link in sig) If you want bigger pics or anything let me know. There's a few pics of us with the rabbits. Anything useful will probably be under f.g. factor.

Here's a pic of my chewed up furniture and how we've tried to distract them with hay though if you don't fancy searching. :lol:
hayh.gif

I've just collected our tips and photo's into a web site. You're free to use stuff from there if you like. (link in sig) If you want bigger pics or anything let me know. There's a few pics of us with the rabbits. Anything useful will probably be under f.g. factor.

Here's a pic of my chewed up furniture and how we've tried to distract them with hay though if you don't fancy searching. :lol:
hayh.gif

Thank you so much! I'm sure we will be blatantly copying!!!

Love the picture - your cupboards look very similar to our skirting boards. :rolleyes: :roll: :lol:

Maria x

what about rabbits that have fun living outdoors too??? snowy dora and chelsea now feel left out they wanted to write an article too.lol

Mr Squidgy lives inside. He has free range of our dining room all day, free range of the house when we are in, and has a double hutch (looks great with the furniture:roll:) for night time.
He has no incisors, so can't do much damage:)
His story is that he was left behind in a garden when his previous two-foots moved house. He was rescued by a friend of my mum's and brought to me. I had him in the house for a health check, and he went and jumped on the sofa for a cuddle, so I knew he was destined to be a housebunny. He's been with us 6 years now, and we're very close.

Lots and lots of photos for you.

Here's his humble abode
hutch.jpg

Grooming me
DSCN1014.jpg

Mountain (ok stair) climbing
P3120004.jpg

His favourite place in front of the fire
PC080016.jpg

Choosing a book
P5260003.jpg

Stealing my chair
P4130026.jpg

Having a cuddle
me_mr_s.jpg

I'm happy to receive any comments / photos that show a bunny having a good life. :D Anything to get away from the rabbits live in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden syndrome.

The only reason I have concentrated on House Rabbits is because we have no literature on this already and will need to produce some.

Maria x

I'm happy to receive any comments / photos that show a bunny having a good life. :D Anything to get away from the rabbits live in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden syndrome.

The only reason I have concentrated on House Rabbits is because we have no literature on this already and will need to produce some.

Maria x

ok well i do have some pics of snowy and dora playing in the house when was all rainy and cold so can send you those mayb...will have a looksy but i agree rabbits should be allowed loads of space and lots of love and should have a companion(be it human or bunny) to love good luck on the dayx

Just to add - feel free touse any of my pics. Wasn't sure if that was clear!
(And Squidgy would love to be famous!)

P1000819.jpg

Bathroom set up

P1000811.jpg

Carboard boxes are fun

P1000792.jpg

Lots of cardboard boxes are even more fun

P1000730.jpg

A big litter tray and hay rack so all the buns can squish in together

P1000578.jpg

You have to be extra careful. This fire grate was secured at both ends

P1000755.jpg

bunnys get everywhere

Last edited:
Putting some photos up on here. If you want details of the set up could do some at the weekend for you. OH may be willing to describe the plug guards he has built?

here is a long view
S1030810.jpg

Here is Eve exploring a little, you can see the indoor hutch

S1030797.jpg

Eve inside
S1030796.jpg

Only so Scruffy is not left out
rabbits_0010.jpg

Plug guard, very dull photo, very useful thing OH built
rabbits_0013.jpg

We also use a smaller puppy pen as a fence in the living room, to stop them getting behind TV and near Stereo speakers.

Top tip - Go to a carpet shop and buy the square samples usually for around 10-30p each and put in the corners of the living room if you have carpet, so if they dig its on the square and not the carpet!

Back