• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit housing

Elimy1987

Warren Scout
Hey as some of you may know im planning to test out my DIY skills and (attempt) with the handy work of my dad to build a rabbit hutch..Ive decided I want it to be roughly 6ft x 3ft x 3ft..if poss maybe height could even be higher. Was wondering if anyone has any more pics to give me some ideas or any actual plans i dont have a clue how much wood etc im going to need but hey its all good :) All pics of any size hutches welcome :) xx

this was where my 3 where kept for a week while there new shed and avairy where being constructd

(sorry for mes but buns will be buns lol)

DSC_0385.jpg

If you want to keep things easy the wood boards come in 8x4 sheets so if you go for 8x4x4 rather than 6x3x3 etc there will be less cutting and less waste and the buns get the extra space. That's if you have the room of course.

We built ours to suit the bunnies we had and the space available. We discovered that ours preferred shelves to ramps for accessing different levels and they are also much easier to clean and take up less space.

Are they indoor or outdoor? The design will vary a lot depending on this answer.

Maria x

Hi :wave:

Mine are currently in the garage with access to an outdoor run so not exactly what you are looking for but I'll post a piccie of the run anyway:

picture8.jpg

runopen.jpg

and my old set-up (which is smaller than you mentioned) but you can get the idea of shape and how it works. It was handbuilt by a friend of the family, now housing some very lucky guineapigs as is too small for two bunnies:

LianspetsMay2005011.jpg

hubby made all my hutches/runs and sheds/runs. this one is 6' long and 2 storey. it has a permanent run accessed through the back. good luck with your hutch building and dont forget piccies after!
dec1807003.jpg

dec1807004.jpg

Aww great pics of housing! Yeah i forgot to mention it will be outdoors and in the shed so unfortunately can only be 6ft long max as the sheds only over 7ft but heights not too much of a problem although i think i should stick with a single tier for time being hehe xx

hubby made all my hutches/runs and sheds/runs. this one is 6' long and 2 storey. it has a permanent run accessed through the back. good luck with your hutch building and dont forget piccies after!

Yeah il defo put piccies up when its all done dont worry :) il be over the shoulder of my dad taking pics while he does all the hard bits :p xx

Back