• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PING WIRE - Apparently definite Fox Proof

CRBevis

Mama Doe
Not sure if people use it but other half said when he was a kid he kept pigeons and used Ping Wire to protect his pigeons and he said none of the foxes could ever chew through it or anything to get to his pigeons 2 of the foxes were so determined they tried for hours but could never defeat the ping wire.:D

Can get it from builders merchants as it is used to protect porta-cabin windows!

Last edited:
No it looks like chicken wire but its hell of a lot tougher!

Buliders put it across their porta -cabin windows to stop people throwing bricks through the windows or breaking in!

With chicken wire you put your finger or something in hole and wiggle it about for a bit and it will weaken and move and you can break it, with ping wire every joint it soldered and the wire is a lot tougher all round!

Last edited:
No it looks like chicken wire but its hell of a lot tougher!

Buliders put it across their porta -cabin windows to stop people throwing bricks through the windows or breaking in!

do you mean welded mesh hun? we use that for our chippies cage

That's waht we use for our runs. We've built ours like a cube, so that there are no gaps at all in the wood.
It's hard though, isn't it? Trying to make sure everything's covered.

lol norty wayne :lol::lol::lol::lol:

if anyone feels like building a chippie cage after theyve created the safest rabbit homes ever please come visit me :lol::lol::lol:

the current cage is killing me (it keeps scratching me as i walk by), i need to do the new one fast !!

Back