• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mites

HannahBee

Warren Scout
My little bunny has been malting (sp??) rather alot recently... This afternoon he had a tuft on his nose which came off in my hand.... completely loose I didnt pull it at all!! But now he had a bald patch there and a patch of really short fur on his nose... This has shown up today and definately wasn't there yesterday

He had mites a few months ago which left him with lots of bald patches so we had treated him treated for the mites at the vet which was quite expensive. He was shaking his head a lot and scratching his ears over the weekend but we checked him over for mites and ear mites but his ears and fur were totally clean!

Basically Im just wondering if there are treatments I could buy to try and treat it myself now.... Of course if it go any worse he's straight to the vet!! (starting to think he quite likes it there!! :?)

:wave: Thank you very much xx

try some xeno 450 drops or cheaper get a bottle of ivemec if your vet sells it.
i got mine from pharmaQ and it cost me £25 and it has lasted ages redoing bif all the time treating in case for two huge frenhcies and a lionhead as well as bif....

bifs still got some scurf but our vet said as her furs all back and shes not scratching 24/7 it may well be resdiual dandruff....a skin scrape is the only way to tell but hes said spot on thestuff and see how she goes.....

Back