• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly question...

mistipop

Warren Scout
but is there such a rabbit as a 'dutch dwarf'?
Just that a girl at my daughters school is having to rehome hers as they are moving house and her dad wont let her take it. There is a photo and he's a brown/white dutch but not sure how big he is.

No. Its people getting confused between a Netherland Dwarf and a Dutch, knowing the names but not what either should look like.

I've heard the expression a few times now.

The Dutch bunnies I have fostered or owned (my own was a Dutch cross, I think), were all very intelligent and inquisitive. I would not call them crazy, but they certainly had a very lively character. I think they are very entertaining, but can be a bit too overactive and nervous for some people.

I find Dutchies to be super intelligent, and will get into mischief if they don't have lots of things to do to keep them busy and their minds occupied! They are terrific, cheeky little characters!!! NOT that I am biased or anything!!! :p :lol:

March Hare, you have clearly never owned a dutch rabbit, despite what your signature may be telling everyone!! :lol::lol:

We have a Dutch at work who is just waiting for my colleague to take him home, he is brilliant, tells us in no uncertain terms what he wants, He is also incredibly clever, when he comes out for run time we only have to tell him once not to go under the desk, He has worked out how to open the fridge and run off with the veg.

When we get baby rabbits into store it's always the dutch ones that are looking at everything, being nosey, first to eat the hay etc etc. I have a dutch cross who is 100% dutch in personality, shes clever, beautiful, cheeky, conniving etc etc!! All in all, dutch bunnies are BRILLIANT!!

I couldn't tell you compared, as I've only had one bunny my tinker who is a dutch. i don't know if it's his breed, but he is the loveliest rabbit :) He's super affectionate, very intelligent and full of beans.

Back