• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is this bad?

Ivorboub02

New Kit
ok my sisters rabbit on its back foot(im not sure if its both feet)
the 3rd claw/toe has turn on its side when i saw it i felt sick
is this a bad problem his claws aren't that big he is getting on solid ground.

i just need to know if i should take him to the vet tommorow or leave it.

he is going for his injection next week anyway but if it is a problem he can go tommorow

Is the claw overgrown or does it look like the toe is broken? It could be the toe has dislocated in which case it needs a vet asap as it will be easier to put back the quicker its seen.

Is the jab a vaccination? You might be able to have that done a week early unless its the gap between myxi/vhd your waiting for. You don't need to wait exactly 12 months for boosters :)

if its not overgrown, it sounds like something a bunnie of mine had like years ago, i clipped the nails myself so they were never overgrown but one was turned on its side and he was in a lot of discomfort, limped etc, so i got him checked out asap.. good luck =]

Is the claw overgrown or does it look like the toe is broken? It could be the toe has dislocated in which case it needs a vet asap as it will be easier to put back the quicker its seen.

Is the jab a vaccination? You might be able to have that done a week early unless its the gap between myxi/vhd your waiting for. You don't need to wait exactly 12 months for boosters :)

jab is myxi :p and its not that we wait exactly 6months its just we need the car to get to the vet (taxi if needed) my dad is the only one that can drive so we have to plan it ahead so he can go work later or book the day off :D

i dont think his toe is broken or dislocated as when i flet it i tryed moving it and he didnt moan(what noise they make) and he dosen't walk with a limp or look like he is in discomfort

i'll have to check another buns claw to see if it looks over-grown or not

its just the 1 claw/toe thats turned side ways i dont understand how it could of happened.
they aren't overgrown, he is only 1year old

it will be check out early next week so it wont be left for long unless blood or signs of pain start showing then he will go asap, but its highly unlikely

I noticed this on Misty last week one of hers has done the same. Not at the vets till next w/e is this too long???

Back