• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue hates me!

JoLB

Warren Scout
I feel like I give up. Blue still hates me. I feed her, give her treats and sit with both of them. She won't let me or husband stroke her and seems jumpy. We got her 14th feb.

I just went to give her a treat, and as she was eating it, went to give her another. She growled and went for me.

Barney seems a bit down. I was hoping getting Blue would make him happier. He's acting weird and just bit husband, which he never does.

Also, Barneys whiskers are all short, like they've been chopped off! Could Blue have anything to do with it?

has blue been neutured?

my first doe willow was given to me because she was too agressive, but as soon as she had a litter and was neutured she turned into a different bunny

is she has been neutured, best thing you can do for her is to give her space, she is growling because she is being territorial, so dont pick her up stroke her etc, offer treats, but once she has taken one walk away and then give another, try using a clicker, or a noise every time you are going to give them treats

does she apraoch you for food when you have treats? best thing is to respect her space, once you give her room she will start to move towards you as you will not have been threating her
this is what i did with other agresive does, hope it isnt a ramble

Is Blue spayed? Is she aggressive all the time or just when you have food or when you are in 'her area'?

She has been neutered, yes.

I think it's whenever she's got food. She'll come up and nudge me if I'm sitting on the floor but runs away if I acknowledge her.

Husband was just in the hall with them and as soon as I went out she ran away into her hutch. Even he said, "she really doesn't like you".

hmm intresting, tbh im stumped most agresive bunnies are that agresive, and dont change from nice back to agresive

maybe she is a bit upside dwn, has she always been a house bunny?

Some are like that i am afraid to say Lolly doesn't let us near her still we got her in December she will come up to us and touch us but as soon as we go near her shes off i am hoping she will change when shes older!

I don't know if she's always been a house bunny. We got her from ARC.

I think we've been spoilt with Barney - he is very friendly. Maybe she just likes her space!

They get on well that's what matters!

thts gd, is alwasy nice when you can see a bond between two bunnies

best thing to do is to keep your distance and not to apraoch her, when she aproaches you offer a treat but dont apraoch her, over time she will learn and be happy to apraoch to you and then you can start to make more progress

Back