• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maya- We May Have to Say Good-Bye Soon- U/D 17th April- 1810hrs + a Pic

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Oh my, yet another of my Bunnies who may not be with us for much longer :cry: About 6 months ago she stopped eating hay, having previously always been a good hay eater (Maya is about 7 ) Two Dentals later and Maya has now shown signs of either osteomyelitis or osteosarcoma :cry:
Maya is on Depocillin, Metacam and Vetergesic but today she has been unable to eat :cry: She is obviously VERY hungry and tries to pick up food, but it is just too painful for her :cry: Even mushy pellets/gratted veg :cry:
She gets too distressed if I attempt to syringe feed her :cry:

I fear Maya wont be with us this time next week :cry:

Picture2317.jpg

Janex

Last edited:
Maya is the most beautiful bunny.

I am sure she is in the best hands possible.

Sending love to you both,
Vanessa xx

OH i am so sorry, she's so beautiful too. Can i just ask what are the signs of these 2 osteo things???

I am so, SO sorry to hear about the gorgeous Maya. :cry: :cry: I am sending her all of the vibes that I can muster.....and huge hugs to you. xxxxx

Oh no Jane, that's very sad, I'm so sorry Maya is unable to eat. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to be there, unable to do anything to help her put food in her tummy :(

Thinking of you and sending many many vibes to her xx

Maya is refusing all food and fluids :cry:
She appears to be wanting to eat in that she keeps 'asking' for food but she just sniffs whatever I offer and runs away :cry:
She gets VERY VERY distressed if I attempt to syringe feed her :cry: So I am not going to do so again :cry:

We will see Christabel this morning

:cry:

Janex

So sorry to hear Maya is so poorly. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling.
Thinking of you both.

Back