• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pheromone therepy

ecudc

Warren Veteran
Just got back from the vets after VHD jabs. Honey bunny looking very miserable and kicked up a bit of a fuss. Conversation followed RE her not really being a people bunny and the vet told me about a product that might be on the market in the next few months which is like a glade plug in that contains bunny pheromones that make them feel less stressed. Apparently they already do it for cats and dogs with some success. She thought it might be a useful non medical treatment for buns put into stressful situations like being rehomed or who might go into stasis after vet trips/travel & so on.

Has anyone used similar on their dogs & cats.

Hi, I've used both the cat and the dog diffusers, and I would say they both work.
I get the cat one when introducing a new cat to the group and they seem much more laid back about the whole thing.
I've noticed it more with the dog one though, I used it to try and settle Corrie, my 6th dog. He came to us after being seriously beaten, to the point where if you looked at him he would wet himself, and if anybody came to the door, he wet himself. Since using the diffuser his accidents have dramatically reduced and he seems more relaxed.
I will be wonderful if they have one for bunnies, and I can imagine to will not only help rescues but people trying to bond their rabbits.

Back