• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh Oh!

flying_solo

Young Bun
Uh Oh, as it says in my title, not sure wheather to be happy or sad

little millie(little coz smaller than willow) is a slightly mad, barmy bunny, and as they do one day managed to escape, was out for 2 days! coming back to garden and hutch but bolting just before some1 could catch her, so the whole neighbour hood came out and we managed to catch the maniac.

she is housed with a neutured buck zeke, and neutured mum willow, but millie has never been done due to complecations with willows, and zeke being done

not being neutured, she sometimes makes a nest, but umm well today as usual went to say and feed, no millie! but she pops out, just about to give quick clean out and milies nest is moving!! just a quick peep def baby buns, and i have left her, seperated zeke and willow to a different part of garden

but omg, how crazy dont no wheather she has had her way with a wild bunny or another escaped domestic bunny, i didnt have plans to breed as there are enough buns around, but now i supose just got to wait and see, will be nightmare if 1/2 wild as they will be really hard to tame down

ahhh, confuzed shockd!

cheers, im going to give her a week before going near them because she is quite a highly strung doe, im just hoping there isnt too many, i might keep a doe as not sure i could help myself

but not out of danger zone yet

well had a peek and millie has got 4 babies, didnt look too close but some similar colour mum and some dad, so will be intresting how they turn out

Thought zeke was neautered tho or have i miss read it:oops::oops:

no you haven't.

OP says Zeke is neutered, and that this must be a wildey...

although op then mentions she has some dad in the babies which indicates she/he knows who the father is x

well had a peek and millie has got 4 babies, didnt look too close but some similar colour mum and some dad, so will be intresting how they turn out

I think she means that some are similar colour to mum so anything else must be the colour of whoever the dad was?

yes zeke is snipped, ive just assumed dad is a wildy

but babies have gone really dark, now almost black, cute cute cute, all 4 doing well

Just realised I never updated this thread, about millie and her babies, well it has been realised we think that the babies where actually Zekes, I was actually away when millie conceived and it seems that the person in charge of bunnies put Zeke freshly castrated back in with millie too soon!

she actually had 5 babies, the reason i think they might have been zekes is that they all cam out looking like mini hares! 2 blue/greys and 3 agouti

babies all grown up now, but not large buns, they went in a trio and a pair

DSC_0194.jpg

bunnies0271.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Back